Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a gray/camo special edition raptor. I was thinking about changing out the grill for a carbon fiber one and puting some different graphics on... can the decals be removed without damaging the plastic?

Do you guys know of any graphics that would go well with a dark gray raptor with a silver frame? I checked ebay and most of the graphics either wouldn't match or didn't suit my taste.

·
Registered
4 Posts
THE METHOD THAT I FOUND THAT REMOVES DECALS THE FASTEST IS PUTTING THE NOZZLE OF A PRESSURE WASHER TOO CLOSE TO THEM. I MADE THAT MISTAKE ON MINE AND TRUST ME THEY COME RIGHT OFF...

·
Registered
383 Posts
The pressure washer method works well. I did the same thing on accident with my first quad. Just remember not to spray the chain or anything else that you dont want ruined.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
hair dryer can to it well and just take your time so you dont strech them if you want to keep them and if you dont want to keep them well like these folks said pressure washer :thumbsup:

·
Registered
118 Posts
AJ RAPTOR said:
hair dryer can to it well and just take your time so you dont strech them if you want to keep them and if you dont want to keep them well like these folks said pressure washer :thumbsup:
I agree. When the decals are removed, you can clean up the glue residue with wd-40, works like a charm.

·
Registered
259 Posts
raptair700r said:
Just remember not to spray the chain or anything else that you dont want ruined.
You cant pressure wash the chain? What else cant you pressure wash? Every time I get done riding I pressure wash the whole thing real good. Just messed up my first sticker the other day but planed on redoing all them anyways so I wasnt too worried.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
dberry367 said:
raptair700r said:
Just remember not to spray the chain or anything else that you dont want ruined.
You cant pressure wash the chain? What else cant you pressure wash? Every time I get done riding I pressure wash the whole thing real good. Just messed up my first sticker the other day but planed on redoing all them anyways so I wasnt too worried.
any seals rubber or not or any bearings and O-ring chains that you dont want to ruin you dont pressure wash

a pressure washer drives water into the smallest places that you would never think of i myself will still pressure wash them parts that its said you shouldnt but i turn the pressure back put it on the "fan" setting and hold it back a bout 3-4 feet at the least so they can get clean but not much damage will be done i then check over everything and relube the chain as soon as it drys off and before the quad moves an inch :thumbsup:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Damn, that sucks I'm sure I've messed up something b/c I spray the hell out of my chain then usually drive 5 or 6 miles to the shop before I relube. What about the A-arms I spray them pretty good to but then grease right after? oh well thanks for the info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts