Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about it!

They still look like new but im wondering if it would look better without them? Can i just pull on them and would i need to use alcohol to remove any residue?

The red tank toper and front grill arent really doing it for me either ill change these when i get some money to do the change!

What do you guys think? Keep em or take em off?

Another thing is since the rappy was bought in Québec (french province) All the warnings and bull is stuck on double so warnings in english and in french. The french ones are stickers and i want to get rid of them! Ill keep the original english ones because they are rivited in place.

Your honest opinion is appreciated. Thanks bro's

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
A pressure washer on high should take care of it pretty quick with very little effort :lol:
It will look generic without stickers to the untrained eye, but it will have you ready if you come across a graphics kit you cant live without.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya i saw some on invision artworks...They are cool! But not sure if i want to go that route...

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need some of those company stickers like your sig...Those would be cool.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Power washers work, if you can get it off by hand and get it all off then take WD40 and wipe the glue off. But the best way is to give someone else your quad to wash and when they get back the stickers will be gone :mad: Some how I've cleaned my quad for more than a year and then my cousin brings it back after cleaning it at the car wash and the stickers are missing.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I took off all of them except the 700r raptor stickers on the rear plastics, i left the warning plates but put funny warning stickers over some of them and my registration stickers over the others. I like it better, but that my preference

·
Registered
386 Posts
its all a personal preference thing, I personally took off all stickers and warnings i like a clean look.
the only stickers i have on it are some under the fenders 1-2 each fender and stickers on parts like axle.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya im ive found a post here that might help with company stickers in the off-topic lounge. Id like to keep the 700R logo and put company stickers everywhere else. Ya got some extras and can send them my way i would appreciate it! Pm me for my full home address. Thats only if you can no worries if you cant!

Thanks for your help guy's...

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exactly where i just sent multiple e-mails LOL.

Thanks bud...Much appreciated.

Cam = frenchie

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good to know but ill still swipe the plastic with some alcohol swabs just to make sure there arent any unseen contaminates on the plastic that might f up other newer plastic.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Some of the thinner stickers can be more of a pain to get off then the larger, thicker graphics. For those heat them up with a hair dryer to loosen the adhesive. As stated before, WD40 works good for removing the adhesive but sometimes requires a little bit of elbow grease. If your applying other stickers where those were then you have WD40 residue to remove.

MEK works great for removing the residue and any other contaminants on the plastic, that is what Invision actually recommends to use on the plastics to remove old adhesive and prep for their new graphics.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Whats MEK? Methyl somethin somethin? I dunno? Can you elaborate please?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Methyl ethyl ketone. You can get it at any hareware store, lowes, home depot, etc. You'll usually find it in the paint dept.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Super,

Thanks for clarifiying this with me.

Your awesome guy's

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey man!!! I personally really like the quad with no stock stickers!!!!! How many times do you need to have yamaha 700 on your quad! Myself and a really good buddy of mine removed all stickers and it looks really good! Small suttel stickers look good ( part stickers....upgrades ). Even sometimes when you put those stickers on it ...... It gets to much! I myself think that the quad doesn't have to be a billboard! Lol if you are sponsored rider and race!!! Than stickers all the way! Intimidation at the track!!! The way that we removed the stickers was with a blow dryer! Heat the sticker up and peel back the sticker! If the sticker is too cold it will crack and break! So warm it up pretty good! If done like this there is no need to use a adhesive remover! It will come off really nice! If you want to personalize it go to a graphics shop and get something made for you! You don't want to have something that somebody else might have. I went to Local graphics shop! $70 I can get a custom graphic made out of a abrasion resistant vinyl. They put this vinyl on squash court floors! You will never reck it..... Awesome stuff! Ttys :beer:

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Already got one company e-mail sending some out. Woohoo gonna look like a chrismas tree soon YA BABY!!!

Here it is:

Logo Font Graphics

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey man!!! I personally really like the quad with no stock stickers!!!!! How many times do you need to have yamaha 700 on your quad! Myself and a really good buddy of mine removed all stickers and it looks really good! Small suttel stickers look good ( part stickers....upgrades ). Even sometimes when you put those stickers on it ...... It gets to much! I myself think that the quad doesn't have to be a billboard! Lol if you are sponsored rider and race!!! Than stickers all the way! Intimidation at the track!!! The way that we removed the stickers was with a blow dryer! Heat the sticker up and peel back the sticker! If the sticker is too cold it will crack and break! So warm it up pretty good! If done like this there is no need to use a adhesive remover! It will come off really nice! If you want to personalize it go to a graphics shop and get something made for you! You don't want to have something that somebody else might have. I went to Local graphics shop! $70 I can get a custom graphic made out of a abrasion resistant vinyl. They put this vinyl on squash court floors! You will never reck it..... Awesome stuff! Ttys :beer:

Great idea i might do that squirrel turd crazy style LOL...Cool thanks man!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.