Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The PO of my 660 rattle canned the plastics white. They were originally black, and every time something rubs against the plastic it leaves a mark now. Any ideas to remove the paint chemically that will not damage my plastics? I've tried a pressure washer and that didn't help....

·
Registered
104 Posts
You can try aircraft stripper (Kleenstrip?). Test it before you do the whole bike. You can find it at Pep Boys. The spray is easy to apply but you get more for your money if you get the pour-n-wipe.

I recently stripped peeling paint from some Honda Rancher wheels. It worked almost instantly. Get some rubber gloves and a plastic scraper.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Paint stripper thats safe for plastics? Thats what I used on an old banshee I used to have. Any hardware store should carry some.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
LIke posted above the aircraft stripper in the spray can works well and didn't do any damage to plastic fenders when I used it on some old painted banshee fenders.

·
Registered
296 Posts
cant gasoline take off spray paint?

·
Registered
284 Posts
DOT3 does a great job as well! :D

·
Registered
4,836 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
aircraft stripper contains methylene chloride, and will chew up some plastics. There should be a moulded stamp inside your panels that states what material it's made from PE you'll be alright, because that's what the paint stripper jug is made from.
Use caustic soda !! I guarantee that it wont damage your plastic !!
Caustic soda is used in hot tanks for cleaning parts, and I beleive is the same as lye. Make sure you wear goggles because this stuff will play tic-tac-doe on your eyes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts