Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok what is the best way to remove the stock silencer. I have pulled pretty hard on it with a pipe wrench and it will not move. does anyone have a trick for easy removal

·
Registered
448 Posts
when i had my stocker on i removed the silence with a pair of Screw driver, vice grips and a hammer, you will not salvage the silencer this way.

I used the screw drive to tap between the silencer and the outer pipe, then i clamped the vise grips on it and tap it with the hammer until i started to break free.

One i was able to turn it a bit i was able to pull it out. It did take like 1/2hr to get it out, so be patient. i also bought a spark arrestor tip for the muffler to clean up the marks from taking the silencer out, and it gave me a spark arrestor again for legal trail riding

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
I took the little bolt out of the bottom of mine and grabbed it with a plyers and it pulled out, did it the same way on a friends YFZ. Take out the bolt and ride around for a while, it'll come out eventually. lol

·
Registered
233 Posts
i tried many things on mine and it did not work at the end i took it to this garage and they used oxygen (fire) to heat up the silencer then they pulled it out... :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok i was able to remove the stock silencer. I started it up and let it run for a minuet and then gave it a few revs and it came right out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine was out when I bought it im not wanting to change the exhaust for more power but what about those xhaust tips on the internet junk or worth it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts