Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the new atv sport it says the renegade 800 runs 0-50mph in like 4.3 seconds or somethin, do u kno how that compares to the rappy's? Also how the rapps compare to the outlander 800? I ride mostly with utility quads and im assuming i will beat them but i just wanted to check cuz i seen a vid of a trx450 vs an outlander and it gets smoked.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
The 4x4 800 will eat a rappy! CRAZY I know, When they tested the Can-Am (Bombardier) 800, with 2 people on it it still pulled on the 700!!! :mad: WTF! Make sure you don't put any $$ on a race, unless you got money to burn :lol:

·
Registered
994 Posts
The Outlander and Renegade 800 are nearly the same.

But anyways, The Renegade is a beast!

i have a couple YouTube videos proving that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Point them drag racing up a hill then see who wins My moneys on the rappy wieght has alot to do with drag racing when there is elevation involved. I kind of think of them as a Vforce can be quick in flat drags but bring them to a hill and say bye bye :lol:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I would imagine a rappy with 3 mods would beat a renegade. Arn't those things like as much as a Yamaha Rhino!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Machy said:
I would imagine a rappy with 3 mods would beat a renegade. Arn't those things like as much as a Yamaha Rhino!
$9,299.00 MSRP says the website :eek:

·
Registered
994 Posts
birdog said:
Jeremy said:
One of em. There's two.
Jeremy...Off topic but do you also own a Raptor or just the 525?
You caught that huh? I made that name awhile ago before finding out about the 525. I assumed I was going to get one and look what happened, it made me look like an ass. Buying the 525 was like a spur of the moment type of thing, they had one, why the hell not? I guess I learned my lesson.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I love my Rappy, but I'd trade it in a heartbeat for a Renegade 800! The trails we run on in SW Ontario are mostly rock, mud and gravel. I've bottomed out and got stuck on hills and trails so many times that I've lost count. It can get pretty hard to ride in the 4x4 ruts. Having 12" ground clearance would be awesome! The dealers up here in Canada are selling them for $14,000 as soon as they hit the floor and that's just a wee bit more than I can see spending on a quad. I could sell my Mustang and my Durango, take out a 2nd mortgage and rent out my 1st born son to perform hard labour, but I'm not ready to go that far yet. Maybe the next time I have to walk the Raptor back down a rock covered muddy hill, I might have 2nd thoughts!

·
Registered
575 Posts
i'd also love to have a renegade but for the price...i think i can manage to hold off for awhile..

·
Registered
209 Posts
My Dad and I recently decidided to get back into ATVs. He was looking at an Outlander 800, but I talked him into buying the Renegade.
I could have bought one, too, but I decided that with as little as I'd actually need 4x4, I'd rather have something that weighs 200 lbs. less, handles better, and has a transmission instead if some odd contraption made of rubber bands and pulleys. I got a '07 Raptor 700SE.
I'll let you know how they compare once we finally get them out, we've still been riding our sleds instead. Snow is good.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I've raced a cam-am 800 and it was over after i shifted into fourth. I know the renegade is quicker but I still don't think it has enough for my 700r. 8)

·
Registered
579 Posts
I've laid the smackdown on an 800. Uphill in the sand sand they dont have a chance against a paddled raptor. On dirt it could be interesting due to the 4x4 having more hookup. The thing is, you ride what best suits your riding style.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I'm sure the tests I spoke of were done with two bone stock machines. I'm sure with a couple mods the raptor will spank any stock machine produced today. The good thing is I doubt guys buying these 4x4s are looking to do "speed" mods, they would prob. rather buy winches and plows than TFI's and high compression pistons! Which brings up a very good question - Who the hell is plowing their driveway at 60 mph. ???? WTF!! :crazy:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
CAROLINA_700R said:
I've raced a cam-am 800 and it was over after i shifted into fourth. I know the renegade is quicker but I still don't think it has enough for my 700r. 8)

that's cuz it's a beast :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts