Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed to replace my 38t since it was gettin thin in the skin and so I already had this 36t here for when I run 18"s at the races so I just swapped it out. Feels just like the 15t difference over the 14t, and its that much better since mine is modded so much :thumbsup:. My chain dont rub the hub either :thumbsup: like I heard some do.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Sweet man. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My set up:
11:1 Wiseco
Track porting
stock cam and valvetrain
GYTR intake
GYTR exhaust
Dobeck Gen II
Renthal 15t/36t sprockets
YFZ tires
2" stem
MSR CR High bends
Extreme Fabrication nerf bars

·
Registered
584 Posts
What size are the yfz tires?

·
Registered
468 Posts
whats would be a good size sprocket for woods racing??? 15 39? 15 38? or stay with 14 or??

·
Registered
468 Posts
how does that 15/38 work for bottom end??

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hi. I also wanted to change my rear sprocket. I've never had it off before so my question is? After you remove the tire, chain, and the 4 bolts on the sprocket, will the sprocket just slide over the wheel hub? Or is there a lot more to it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just loosened the chain, took the 4 bolts out of the sprocket hub, took the castle nut off the axle that holds the wheel hub on and slid hub/rim/tire off, wiggle the sprocket over the sprocket hub and slid it on off the axle, put the new sprocket on, and reversed the process.

·
Registered
899 Posts
My stock and 36T JT sprocket both fit over the hub......dont know if the renthal does but i thought you guys might like to know the JT fits over the hub and the chain clears the sprocket hub fingers good as well....the chain is real close though.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Im running a 14/36 right now, but I think Im gonna change to a 14/37, and go to 21 inch tires(when mine wear out)

·
Registered
262 Posts
ya I have the 36tooth rear on my bike and it looks like it is really close to hitting the hub so close I can't tell if it is or not. I can't hear any noise while I ride the bike and don't notice wear marks so I'm guessing its not but its damn close

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
I'm running 15-37 with 22" rears. No power problems with a Trinity Stage-3 system. Haven't gotten a top end speed reading yet though. We just got 5 more inches of white crap last night. :mad:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.