Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. what are some decent a-arms to replace the factory? i know about houser and the like, but i'm good with the factory width, and don't want to shell out that kind of cash, but my ball joints are shot. having done a little research, i know the uppers are not replacable, so i'm stuck with buying a set of replacement arms to solve my ball joint issue. some direction here would be most appreciated!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Replacement arms

Ricky stator makes stock width uppers for I think $200.00 a pair or so.I have had them for 3 years and they have been flawless.I had the stock lowers chromed and wanted the uppers chromed also so I got those.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are the ball joints replacable in the stock lowers?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Yea they still are. Lowers are replacable uppers are not.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
There is some +2 lone star arms on ebay for 499 new free shipping. They have ball joints and not the crappy heims

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lone-Star-Sport-Front-A-arms-2-0-Yamaha-Raptor-660-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5d2d4e7be0QQitemZ400192076768QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Armadillo +2's for 469
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Armadillo-Chromoly-A-Arms-2-Yamaha-Raptor-660-01-05-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a032dce06QQitemZ180441959942QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I woudl go that route before I bought new ricky stator uppers and replacement ball joints for the lowers.

Just dont get a pair of cheap ebay brand arms. (ASR or Full Flight). Ebay should be their brand name.

·
Master of the Electron
15,059 Posts
hey guys. what are some decent a-arms to replace the factory? i know about houser and the like, but i'm good with the factory width, and don't want to shell out that kind of cash, but my ball joints are shot. having done a little research, i know the uppers are not replacable, so i'm stuck with buying a set of replacement arms to solve my ball joint issue. some direction here would be most appreciated!
There are PLENTY of used, stock arms available on eBay, for both 660s and 700s, from people that have replaced stock with extended arms, or parting out bikes... a little investigation should get you a full set in good shape for $50.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
There are PLENTY of used, stock arms available on eBay, for both 660s and 700s, from people that have replaced stock with extended arms, or parting out bikes... a little investigation should get you a full set in good shape for $50.
Ouch! Quad I have a great set of stock A arms with less than 50 hours on them in a box in my shop and they're only worth 50? I've been lazy about trying to sell them but I figured they went for more than 50 for all 4. They even have the YFZ 450 shock mod.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts