Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my clutch has been slipping and it finally went. I havent taken it apart yet but what parts will I most likely need to replace my clutch. I heard the innerhubs dont really wear just the basket and plates/springs. And how hard are they to replace? If i just buy the basket and plates/springs is that all i will need to basically replace the clutch. Is there any little things else that i will need, or will that pretty much fix the problem. Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another question, can i use a GYTR plates with a Wiseco basket. Does mixin the companies matter?

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Inner hubs hold up pretty well, the baskets are certainly the first big part to go. The whole ordeal isn't all that hard but it can be tedious if you don't pay attention to the details. Not too bad of a project really.

Basket and a set of plates/fibers and a set of springs (usually packaged with the plates/fibers) and you'll be in good shape.

You shouldn't have any problems using the GYTR parts in the wiseco basket, they're all designed for the same system. GYTR is the best choice for plates/fibers/springs and wiseco is a good bargain compared to the hinson/gytr and similar in quality.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright, awsome thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I did mine last fall, GYT-R clutch kit and Moose basket (same as hinson). Not too bad, the hardest part of the whole thing was getting the clutch cover off. One bolt is a mutha to get to, and then getting the cover out past the frame was a real pain. The actual clutch replacement was cake compared to that (at least for me, I have a patience deficiency). You have to drill out the steel rivets holding the clutch basket to the starter gear and replace them with bolts on the new basket - use red locktite and let it set up completely before you reinstall it! Also, make sure to soak the new clutch fiber plates in engine oil for several hours before installation. One last tip, take the new steel plates and lightly scuff both sides with fine sandpaper or emery cloth (and clean the grit off), this will give them better bite and help everything last longer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the info guys, now i just gotta save up for the parts and i'll give it a go

1 - 7 of 7 Posts