Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow riders, I still have the OEM Air filter on my 2017 700R , but is already deterioring especially on the base end, I like to know if I upgrade to a K&N air filter ,shall I also buy the kit with the better air intake, please let me know the model number if you have it and where I can get it reliably. Another thing I still have the OEM factory warning labels on it, is there a way to cover them up or remove them, I will thank you ahead for your input because it always helped me greatly ,even when I was deciding to buy the Rappy.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I would buy the whole kit with the air horn. Most retailers sell them. Try KBmotorsports, Cuervo Racing, or RMATV. For the labels, I have not seen any label replacements but a graphics kit will do it but they cost a bit.

·
Super Moderator
8,070 Posts
Reactions: 38Fitters

·
Registered
766 Posts
I like those covers, the guy has a few different combos you can buy too.
I went for a more custom look though. Get yourself some vinyl wrap, a rivet gun, rivets, and some washers. Then drill out the old rivets and pull the plates off. Wrap in vinyl and reinstall.
Ill post links for future viewers since it took me a while to figure out what I needed and the right sizes.
Rivet gun - Amazon.com: 8MILELAKE 13 inches Hand Riveter Heavy Duty Hand Riveter: Automotive
Rivets - Amazon.com: Pop Rivets 1/8" x 5/16" Aluminum Body Steel Mandrel Dome Head Blind 4-5 Gap .251" - .312" Quantity 100 by Fastenere: Home Improvement
Washers - Amazon.com: Arrow Fastener WA1/8 Aluminum Washers, 1/8-Inch, 30-Count: Home Improvement
Vinyl wrap, I choose this one but any will do - 3M DI-NOC CA-421 BLACK Carbon Fiber Vinyl Sheet Wrap Film 12" | eBay

Kind of a bad pic but you get what it looks like.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like to know what size drill bit shall I use to remove the existing rivets holding the factory tags???

·
Registered
766 Posts
I like to know what size drill bit shall I use to remove the existing rivets holding the factory tags???
You can use any size you want as long as you don’t blast through the plastic. You just need to hold the rivet from the back side with pliers so it doesn’t spin, then use a drill bit to grind off the face and pull it through. I actually have some carbon wrapped graphics for pre-facelift raptors if you need any.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,178 Posts
Use a 1/8 or bigger, a bigger drill will just knock of the top of the rivet heads, And, as said, hold the bottom of the rivet with plyers. Then, ebay has many decal colors, including carbon fiber, and can cover the original plates, and reinstalled them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts