Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I am replacing my stock axle with a RPM Dominator II axle.
Before I go balls deep I was wondering if any body had any advice on the removal and install.
Like how to get off the wheel hubs, sprocket hub and the hub for the breaks.
Any other help would be great.

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
Something I learnt was to have someone sat on the quad applying the rear brake and loosen everything before taking the wheels off. Don't forget to protect the thread on the end of your OEM axle when you knock it out the bearings.

·
Registered
156 Posts
if you have basic mechanical skills it is pretty easy. Just make sure you get all of the clips and bolts out you need. I bent mine and had to do a replacement. the only problem I had was to get the axle out of the carrier. It was just a couple years old and was in there really tight. I ended up pulling the whole thing out of the swing arm. Put the nut back on and got a block of wood. Holding onto the carrier I just kept hammering the thing down on the block and finally it came loose and slid out. I got one of the axcaliber adjustable axles and that thing is awesome. just make sure you get the warrranty information meaning the numbers if you need to register it later to validate the warranty before you install it. Like EZKYMCO said. keep the brakes on and it in gear as you break the bolts loose. Take a few pictures with your phone or a camera before you start taking things appart. It might help on your reinstall later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts