Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to replace my valves but cant afford the shops to do it. can it be done my self? I have the factory manule and read about preheating it and poping out the valve guieds and replaceing them but is this something i could do right? I dont have any exsperiances with valves other than seting them but I do have some motor knowledge just dont know if i can do this my self. Anyone else done this are left it up for shop?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Watch out for the springs, if you dont have the right tool to compress them (don't try to jimmy-rig your own) those suckers can fly far and fast. Hopefully its not at you. then again a few people I know, that have no motor experience, accomplished it with a 350 chevy head.

chevyhead--raptor head ...two different things...You Probably should hit maddog up on that.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
This is the kind of thing I usually have others do, but if I were to try it myself I'd certainly want someone with a lot of engine experience in this area helping me out. I have a great mechanic or two in the family, and a few more friends that are very knowledgeable in the procedural side of it. If you don't have acces to this kind of knowledge and experience to help you along, I'd wait until I could pay for it to be done right.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone know what the job would cost avg? I ask cause my local shop usely screws you big time on price and trinity said somewher around 150 labor. I shell try to contact some auto shops around here see if they can do it and how much but anyone know what the job would probley cost?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts