Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the forum. I bought my 660 04 barely, and it didn’t come with the reservoir and drove it like that a few times. I got a reservoir for it now but idk where the bottom of the reservoir hose goes to and top one as well. I know one goes to the top of the radiator and the other idk.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I’m have heard most guys relocate it from the back OEM location to under the hood in between the bars and the gas tank. No personal experience but maybe it will give you some ideas. Good luck.

Reactions: 4stroker4life

·
Registered
997 Posts
Bottom connect to radiator and top is a vent

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
O ok thank you. The top hose just leads anywhere I wanna zip tie it to? I probably don’t even need a top hose?

·
Registered
31 Posts
The top hose on mine just curves up and to the back of the sub frame. There is a loop clamp that holds the hose just where the fender meets the sub frame. If the clamp was removed, then just zip tie it to the sub frame. The bottom hose just followed the frame to the radiator.

·
Registered
997 Posts
The top hose is an atmospheric vent. So when the coolant expands/contracts from heat, then it can flow in and out of the reservoir without creating a vacuum or pressurizing.
The vent needs to be routed upward somewhere and tied up. That way coolant won’t splash out of it, which is actually a pretty common problem.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I’m have heard most guys relocate it from the back OEM location to under the hood in between the bars and the gas tank. No personal experience but maybe it will give you some ideas. Good luck.
I can tell you from experience. If you ride aggressively somewhere with rocks, like golfball sized rocks, the rear tire will fling them into the resi and break it. Ive replaced that damned thing like 3 times, relocating would have been a great idea!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: 38Fitters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts