Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I have just bought a 2011 yamaha raptor.
It is an ex demo bike with less than 2 hours actual riding time on it.

At the dealers before pick up somebody left the key switched on and the hour meter is showing 35 hours.
I am wondering can this be reset.

thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I don't think so. I have never seen a hour meter that can be reset, thats kinda like resetting the odometer in your car. Just buy a new hour meter then just leave the key on for 2 hours.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Thats a waste of money. I would just go by the miles registered on the odometer. Another thing is that i never trust any dealer. Leaving the key on for 33 hours! Ya right hes full of it. Its a demo and its been riden! Dealers will pretty much sugar coat anything for a sale!

Tell him i said BULL $#!+

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Hey tought about it...Is it still on the Yamaha Factory Warranty?

You know where im going with this dont you LOL...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey tought about it...Is it still on the Yamaha Factory Warranty?

You know where im going with this dont you LOL...
Drain the fluids out, ride it like a dollar whore on nickel night, then get a new motor that doesnt have 30+ hours on it?

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
LMAO good one!!!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Doesn't the hour meter on the raptor only count the hours that the engine is running? If it does then just leaving the key on wouldn't have done it. I have had 0 experience with the 09 and up so I am clarifing, most factory hour meters I have seen on other ATV's, mowers, etc only counted time while the engine was running.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Then the dealer lied! Im really not surprized at all!!! Lying @$$tard!!! Same as my dealer!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well me and the dealer got a bit confused the 32 hours is actually the total Kms and it only has 1.9 hours on the bike so I'm happy with that.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Good deal then! Did ya post some pics of it yet bro? All rappys look good old or new. In my case makes me remember how happy i was when i got mine...

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Well me and the dealer got a bit confused the 32 hours is actually the total Kms and it only has 1.9 hours on the bike so I'm happy with that.

That works out to about 17kmph, very not impressive speed..............
Hopefully you will work on that and get it more respectable, or else you may have to get a faster bike...............:D :D :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts