Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In February (2011). I was speaking to a friend of mine who said he has a 2005 Raptor 660 sitting in his garage for 2 years. He rolled it once and has never been back on it since. So without hesitation it told him to hand it over right away. So went to see what i had gotten myself into ... all i got was ... a naked raptor... and some busted up fenders. The raptor had not been started in 2 years either. Properly ill treated and abandoned. So now i had myself a project to work on...

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
In February (2011). I was speaking to a friend of mine who said he has a 2005 Raptor 660 sitting in his garage for 2 years. He rolled it once and has never been back on it since. So without hesitation it told him to hand it over right away. So went to see what i had gotten myself into ... all i got was ... a naked raptor... and some busted up fenders. The raptor had not been started in 2 years either. Properly ill treated and abandoned. So now i had myself a project to work on...
Get-r-done. Did you get a good deal on it? What are your mod plans?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get-r-done. Did you get a good deal on it? What are your mod plans?
I literally TOOK the quad. How about that for a deal!

Well so far Tusk nerf bars and G-force spacers are on the way from Rocky mountain ATV.

Future plans : Full FMF exhaust system, jets, Pro intake filter... and anything else that the good people of this forum suggests and my pocket can handle:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The carburetor had to be rebuilt because all the jets had corroded. the gas tank had to be cleaned because gas was left in it for the 2 years. and the list goes on ... hopefully by the end of the week i will have the finished product to show.

Patiently awaiting parts . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Nice work!

Did you buy new plastic?

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Nice work!

Did you buy new plastic?
I was wondering the same thing, lol. Or did you paint the blue ones? Either way, looks like a completely different bike, and blacked out looks sweet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice work!

Did you buy new plastic?
I took a chance and painted them over for now ... had them use less clear coat on it so it will look like a matte black finish... everybody loves it... only concern is that the paint will not last against the stones , bushes and etc. But for now the finish is great. After they start to chip i will probably cover them in vinyl (black again with different graphics).

On a sad note... the engine is leaning out at high revs, apparently its not getting enough fuel, for what reason i dont know. CARB has been rebuilt , filters changed... the mechanic still in it as i type so we will see what that problem soon enough. ( i hate minor set backs).

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Turned out nice.

I was trying to think of a way to bring my plastic back to life as well without going to deep in the pockets. I thought about lineX to go over the plastic but it maybe to heavy. Any body have some knowledge regarding this?

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
Turned out nice.

I was trying to think of a way to bring my plastic back to life as well without going to deep in the pockets. I thought about lineX to go over the plastic but it maybe to heavy. Any body have some knowledge regarding this?
there are a few threads on this....from what i heard it works great

1 - 14 of 14 Posts