Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ... im new to the site... i own a 2003 660r and when im in reverse it will act all chuggy, rev weird and will stall out on me... anyone know what could be the problem?

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Yes, it's the reverse rev limiter - I assume if you know what it is you also know how to fix it? if not, read "Most Common Raptor 660 Problems" at the top of this section (a sticky).

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
It is yamahas way of slowing the bike down in reverse...............and it isnt a very good way.............

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
Yamaha added it towards the end of the first year of production - I suspect they got sued (or at least threatened) by a few early owners that hurt themselves while running flat out in reverse.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yamaha added it towards the end of the first year of production - I suspect they got sued (or at least threatened) by a few early owners that hurt themselves while running flat out in reverse.
yeah and it worked normally up until a few days ago... then it started stalling and acting all dumb... but i read your sticky and havent been out to the garage yet to check that wire... but will do tomorrow... and thanks again maniac... cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts