Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, as i posted before i recently got my first quad, a 02 660 (pics coming soon) and since its my first quad (had bikes) im not completely sure on reverse, mainly i have the dumb question on how to get into and out of reverse PROPERLY, if someone can give me step by step directions or a link to somewhere if this is already posted....just want to make sure im doing it right and not grinding gears or slipping it out incoprrectly.... heres what i think

enter:
pull in clutch, step on rear brake
put into neutral
turn reverse knob
WHILE turning and HOLDING reverse knob to the right, shift down twice
proceed into reverse

exit:
pull in clutch
shift up to first gear and ride on

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
i just made sure i wasn't rolling and if i was first just twisted the knob and presed down a click or 2 if in N. Same concept as yours.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Yeah should work, you shouldn't have any problems. Sometimes on the 660 when you shift down into reverse and the reverse light is on, somehow it is not engaged and you hear a sort of whirring clicking, so I just tap it twice to make sure this doesn't happen.

In first pull clutch
turn knob hold
and tap down twice and away you go :thumbsup:

·
Master of the Electron
14,507 Posts
It will also work if you are already in 1st - just pull in clutch, turn reverse knob and press down on shifter again. You don't need to begin the process in neutral.

If it doesn't fully engage, just press down again - you'll hear a good clunk when it does.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

ya thanks guys, i did hear that whine sound once or twice and slipped out into neutral the first time after i bought it, now i think i got it down pat... thanks guys

·
Registered
296 Posts
Does is have the rev limiter bypassed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts