Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes when I place it in reverse it does not fully engege and I get a chatter then it pops out unless I put my foot back on the shift lever and apply pressure. Is this normal? Is there a problem, does anyone else ever experience it?

·
Registered
340 Posts
My raptor has always done that. I just keep tapping with the clutch in until it pops into reverse. I don't think it's a problem.

Frank

·
Registered
988 Posts
Mine does it also....my Warrior used to always do it also

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah my warrior did it too but that was back in 1993-94. Glad to hear its normal and no need of a service.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
my rappy does it 2, i just keep it pushed down then when i relase my clutch i usually feel it pop into gear,

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine does this sometimes if i let out the clutch too fast. If I just put the clutch back in then re-release clutch it fixes it.

·
Registered
912 Posts
My 700 downs the same thing from time to time. Most of the time it happens when I try to hurry-up and put it in reverse. 8)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
relax, put in first gear,release clutch till you hear motor load up a little,turn reverse knob,push shifter down,and release clutch a little and will feel it pop in gear and try to move the bike,this is fail proof. if you miss and rev the engine and the gear actually catches you'll blow the gear right out of the tranny.....

·
Registered
689 Posts
Man it is good to know it wasn't just mine doin that. I find that if i just take an extra second and calmly go through the process of getting into reverse i have no issues at all. Somtimes it is easier said than done. I also added the Dr.D reverse lever to help quicken up the process, but it did nothing for the issue at hand just makes it more conveniant. 8)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
My 700 has never done it but its almost everytime that my 660 does it.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Once i push down to get it into reverse i just keep tapping it with my foot while slowly letting out the clutch and have no problems.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm another one, Listen to loose. It is fail proof

·
Registered
244 Posts
Mine does this too. I have found that by holding in the clutch and letting the engine fully return to idle, it will drop into gear.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Not to be a smart ass but is the cable ajusted properly?? Mines never done that, just an idea.

·
Registered
287 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts