Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
after about thirty seconds of riding the reverse light starts to blink on my 03 660
If you are ridng when this happens it could be your reverse switch wire connection is bad but you fail to say that the engine loses performance, so it could be that your neutral switch is defective and telling the cdi the bike is still in neutral coupled with the fact that you are reving the engine when riding, this tells the cdi you are reving too high in neutral and the reverse light will blink............................

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys, Again thanks for being here for help! As you know I did the green wire mod and cleaned my carbs now it blats! But last few days the battery has been dying I have also noticed the reverse light flashing. It does not come on in reverse as I only cut and put the CDI side to ground and sealed up the connection and the cut side. You think its cause I turned up the Idle so it wont die on me? I got stuck 4 times last night cause it would stall and no juice to start in the Maine woods . BTW The battery is a few yrs old you think the dead batt. issue is just the batt. is weak?? And it is quite cold up here at night. Thanks again men.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Hi guys, Again thanks for being here for help! As you know I did the green wire mod and cleaned my carbs now it blats! But last few days the battery has been dying I have also noticed the reverse light flashing. It does not come on in reverse as I only cut and put the CDI side to ground and sealed up the connection and the cut side. You think its cause I turned up the Idle so it wont die on me? I got stuck 4 times last night cause it would stall and no juice to start in the Maine woods . BTW The battery is a few yrs old you think the dead batt. issue is just the batt. is weak?? And it is quite cold up here at night. Thanks again men.
Idling too high can cause the reverse light too flash..............

·
Master of the Electron
15,550 Posts
replace the battery, turn idle speed down a bit...

If light flashes while riding, check speed limiter sensor connector. (right side of case)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts