Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.im new here and this is my first 4 stroke.just sold my heavy modified shee on thrusday and found this great deal on this 01 raptor with the Tranny conversion(that said the guy) full exhaust,prodesing filter,jet kit (that said the guy),Bedlocks,aftermarket a arms..well here is the problem..

i made a 8 hr ride on my new raptor on trails,etc,Loved the power compared to the shee ( on trails) no need to shift alot etc,just 1-2 gears and thinking i was riding in 6th ( was used to on the shee)..but when coming back to home while riding on the mid end the reverse light came on and off and bog the engine down,then i turned off and revved again and the light again on..i found a post that the guy had the same problem but i didnt found the fix.so what could be the problem?? please help since i dont know nothing about 4 strokes...also how do i know if i have the tranny upgrade?? thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Parking brake limiter, lots of posts even some recently with the info on how to fix.

You can find the procedure on sandwizards.com

·
Registered
204 Posts
It may also be a reverse sensor wire popping off. It is located right underneath your front sprocket.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
It's definitely a rev limiter. There are two options: reverse limiter and parking brake limiter. Use the search function near the top right of the page.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My parking brake is not installed ..i guess the previous owner remove it..also i have another problem i started my engine today and my reverse light is on all the time :3question: what could be the problem??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the response.ill check that tommorow..also how do i know if i have the tranny fix?? thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
My buddy had the same problem on the same 01 raptor
all it was is a bad ground ill talk to him tommorow and find out exactly where it was.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
aguita said:
thanks for the response.ill check that tommorow..also how do i know if i have the tranny fix?? thanks
Without opening it up and looking, I don't think you can tell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts