Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My reverse light wont go off!!! i believe it is affecting all my other gears too!! i hit the rev limiter in every gear im assuming this is because the quad thinks im still in reverse therefore restricting the rpms. any suggestions on what i should do or what the problem could be?

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
You could try unhooking the battery to see if it resets the cpu.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i tried to unhook the battery but it didnt change anything. I was told that i should cut the reverse light wire and jsut ground it out. So i found the wire and by the front sprocket there are 2 little wires that go into the tranny i unpluged them both plugged them back in and problem solved runs like new :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
mine was doing the same thing when i would hit 2nd and 3rd gear. your right its the reverse gear sensor the hook up under the sprocket. What happens is dirt and water get into the connection and it loose signal. so it thinks its in reverse when its not. So i cleaned both terminals and inside the plugs. Ihen bought some CRC Di-Electric Grease for $7.99 at autozone and put it in the plugs. Aftet that I put the plugs back on and thats all she wrote. 20 hours later no problems. Like i said thats what I did and it work. so good luck. -- WOODY

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i went out the other day and i launched of this jump and landed in a rut being all muddy my foot slipped and hit the gear shifter, downshifting without the clutch. This is what made the reverse light come on. it was an easy fix i just unplugged the two wires by the tranny and plugged them back in. Is this designed to do this to prevent wrecking the tranny or did am i doing damage to the tranny by the accidental slip?

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Hope not. I only use my clutch to start from a stop, after that it's up AND down without. :thumbsup: I would not recomend "slamming" down on a regular basis, but one slip should'nt hurt nothin'. When done correctly there is barely any noticeable RPM movement with no clutch downshifting. When upshifting I just release the throttle, shift, and hit her again. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In the manual it says you will wreck your tranny if the clutch is not used. I never used the clutch with my 125cr, but started to with the raptor. How many people do not use their clutch when shifting? Even though the manual says to use it!

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Well i had s problem with my reverse sensor light coming on. After two trips to the shop we finally found the problem. On the reverse sensor the is a washer. Mine came with two and the replacement sensor came with two so they put it on. Same problems. Finally some tech guy asked if there happened to be more than one washer on it and there was. He said remove there is only supposed to be one washer on it but sme got two. Dont know how that would affect it but it sure did fix the problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
are you talking about the two wires that plug into the tranny down by the sprocket that is only supposed to have 1 washer?

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
yes. The washer on the sensor. I believe they are copper washer. It is down by the sprocket.

·
Registered
497 Posts
take it to your nearest yamaha dealer so they can check the circuit....

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
brett16 said:
In the manual it says you will wreck your tranny if the clutch is not used. I never used the clutch with my 125cr, but started to with the raptor. How many people do not use their clutch when shifting? Even though the manual says to use it!

I always use the cluth unless im drag racing then i speed shift

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.