Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2 Time (09,10) RF Fantasy FootBall Champ
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a reverse rev limiter on the 700 that can be disabled like on the 660s? My reverse seems to be pretty useless right now. I'm not sure if it's as easy as removing a rev limiter, or if there is a different gearing limitation on the 700.

·
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problems out of the ordinary...
Just miss the reverse I had on the '01 660.

·
Registered
623 Posts
how high would you estimate your hitting the limiter at? ive never hit a limiter in reverse with my bike.

i didnt think it had one, but maybe your revving it higher then i do?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
there IS a rev limiter in reverse...but its MUCH higher then the 02-05 model 660's. I dont know why its not high enough.....I can get going pretty good in reverse, especially with the 15T front sprocket. Much faster, and the slightest twitch will end in disaster.
The 01's where the best for reverse speed, as there was no limiter. The 02-05 660's where in fact useless, as you couldnt even let out the clutch, without the limiter kicking in. 700 I can atleast use the throttle once the clutch is engaged. :)

·
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use to mess around doing wheelies in reverse with some guys I ride with. (Popping the front end up when stopping in reverse and trying to continue backwards doing it.) This is not a suggested thing to try. We were still trying to perfect it. :grin_nod:

And having drag races up the big dunes in reverse was always fun. :(

·
Registered
623 Posts
yea, there is obviously a limiter. i guess i worded it badly.

i have never hit my limiter in reverse, it definately lets you rev it far enough to get out of stuff. ive had mine stuck pretty deep before and gotten out of it no problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts