Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I have an 01 thats just been serviced and went through by a good mech in the area a couple months ago so i hope its nothing major but...I noticed my last time out on the quad that i can shift straight down from first into reverse with out the switch. i have googled my problem and found a few posts about it but nothing really to informative. i have checked to make sure the cable is in the holder by the foot peg so thats not the problem. My reverse lever by the sprocket seems to always be in the forward position and my cable has slack so i am thinking that mabye the spring broke that would make the lever close back out?? i didnt really ever notice which position the lever was in when it was closed out but i would say it must be when its towards the back of the quad. Is changing the spring an easy task?? any ideas on the problem will be greatly appreciated.

·
Master of the Electron
15,524 Posts
A the spring should be pulling the lever on the case back - is it? Can you move it back by hand? Once pulled back, does it stop going directly to reverse? This should tell you if the spring is missing or not working properly - it is on outside and is visible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when i was messing with it yesterday , i didnt see a spring anywhere around that lever. do i need to unscrew that lever to put the spring on or does it connect to it and go back towards the sprocket?

·
Master of the Electron
15,524 Posts
The spring is around the reverse lever shaft, behind the lever - see pic below - spring is number 4. If missing I would expect to see your symptoms.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Mine did that to.. but it was the cable.I would unhook it if you are going to ride. One good down shift from second to reverse would end a good day of riding fast I had 2 660 before the 700

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Now that I think about it and seen the picture All I had to do was bend the bracket in some and it was fixed. Easy fix

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i actually tried to ziptie the lever closed last night just to be catious but i must not have done it tight enough because it still did it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i took off the lever and there was no spring behind it so i ordered a new one and hopefully thats the fix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts