Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen two separate answers to this question and would like a definitive one if possible.

- Is it possible for the reverse rev limiter to be engaged if the reverse indicator light is NOT on?

Thanks in advance guys.
Here's a photo of it just because:

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yes, ground the reverse rev limiter wire and the Parking brake rev limiter wire by the cdi and you should be good to go. No issues with mine when I was told to do it by Willykiller and quadmaniac if i remember correctly. Sometimes you'll need that full rev in reverse.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Scorfiox32!

If only the parking brake sensor is removed from the circuit, is it possible for the rev limiter to engage if the reverse light indicator is not illuminated?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nope will not anymore, but make sure you give it a good ground. The R reverse light will no longer work. I don't think you'll need it to tell you that your in reverse haha.

·
Valued Member
625 Posts
AFAIK there is no way your reverse limiter will be engaged without your reverse indicator lighting up. Unless the reverse indicator isnt working.

·
Master of the Electron
14,490 Posts
Dusty Rappy is correct...

Be warned - Scorfiox has quoted us incorrectly, probably just a simple omission - do NOT ground the parking brake wire (green/yellow) - that will turn ON the PB rev limiter...instead it must be disconnected (at the connector or cut at CDI) and left that way.

ONLY the reverse switch wire (green/white) should be grounded - permanantly disconnecting the reverse switch, turning off the reverse limiter and the light.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Dusty Rappy is correct...

Be warned - Scorfiox has quoted us incorrectly, probably just a simple omission - do NOT ground the parking brake wire (green/yellow) - that will turn ON the PB rev limiter...instead it must be disconnected (at the connector or cut at CDI) and left that way.

ONLY the reverse switch wire (green/white) should be grounded - permanantly disconnecting the reverse switch, turning off the reverse limiter and the light.
Haha sorry about that, memory doesn't serve well. Keep it up QM!

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
I have had this happen to me.

It would engage real fast and cause an intermiten miss. It would only happen at high rpm when the motor vibrates the most. While your hauling butt its hard to see a red R light flicker on the dash when your trying to pay attension on riding. So it appeared to be a jettting issue becasue I never seen the R light up. So when I was trying to fix this jetting / carb issue on a smooth gravel road I finally seen it the R light flicker. The reverse sensor wire was dirty and loose fitting. I cleaned it up and squeezed the terminal to make for a tigher fit.

·
Master of the Electron
14,490 Posts
Thanks Quadmaniac! You're a legend! I grounded the (green/white) wire. No issues now!
Hey, Scorfiox got there with the idea first. It's great to see how much people learn just by hanging around here... I sure did!

As 03Limited said, a simple cleaning and tightening of the reverse switch wire (were it plugs onto the switch) will usually fix the problem... grounding just gets it out of the way for troubleshooting! If you want your reverse light back, try cleaning and tightening the lug that slips onto the switch in front of the front sprocket. You can always return to the grounding if this doesn't work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts