Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the sticky that I read you just splice another wire onto the green/white stripe and ground it out, leaving the the green/white stripe wire plugged in. After replacing my one way, I noticed that my plug is actually cracked and broken off. I was curious if I could just cut the plug off completely and ground the green/white stripe wire from the plug? Any info would be appreciated.

The plug that I am talking about is in the picture below.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Yes you can cut it off and ground it, same thing as splicing in and grounding it. With it cracked and broken off and not grounded the bike would think its in reverse all the time...when you shift to reverse it removes the ground so the bike knows its in reverse and grounds it when in forward/neutral gears.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes you can cut it off and ground it, same thing as splicing in and grounding it. With it cracked and broken off and not grounded the bike would think its in reverse all the time...when you shift to reverse it removes the ground so the bike knows its in reverse and grounds it when in forward/neutral gears.
Which would in turn cause it to spit and sputter from hitting the limiter, which is one of the problems that was stated when I bought it. Great info and thanks for the reply. I was a little unsure about cutting the plug off, but it is right next to a bolt on the frame that would be a perfect ground. Again, RF to the rescue and thanks Limited660 for the reply.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Which would in turn cause it to spit and sputter from hitting the limiter, which is one of the problems that was stated when I bought it. Great info and thanks for the reply. I was a little unsure about cutting the plug off, but it is right next to a bolt on the frame that would be a perfect ground. Again, RF to the rescue and thanks Limited660 for the reply.
Yep no problem, thats why were here. ;)

·
Master of the Electron
15,408 Posts
Yes, it does not matter whether the green/white remains connected to the reverse switch or not, when you short it to ground (shorting the wire to ground is what the switch does when you're not in reverse). So, when the wire is externally shorted to ground, the switch serves no purpose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts