Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have removed switch from engine and put a plug in also neutral switch. i have cut neutral switch out of harness no problems the bike runs fine. my question is the reverse indicator light stays lit up always, the reverse cable has been removed from lever on side of engine also. i want the light gone has anyone else done this mod please help with any info thanks guys.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
i have removed switch from engine and put a plug in also neutral switch. i have cut neutral switch out of harness no problems the bike runs fine. my question is the reverse indicator light stays lit up always, the reverse cable has been removed from lever on side of engine also. i want the light gone has anyone else done this mod please help with any info thanks guys.
Welcome to the site, my question is out of curiosity what is the point of this mod? What are the benefits?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my reason for removing all the bikes wires was to make it only need what it needs too haul ass and be as light as possible i have been riding since i was 6 years old and i don't need a idiot light to tell me ware neutral is or reverse and i like it clean to remove the wires at your ecu cut green with white wire and green with blue and then remove switches from engine bolt size is 1omm metric to plug them off. thanks l love too drag race

·
Master of the Electron
15,065 Posts
Ground the wire (green/white leading to the ECU). The reverse switch grounds that wire when not in reverse, disconnects from ground when in reverse. Grounding the wire will tell the computer that you are not in reverse, so it won't turn the light on any more.

Don't know if the 700 has this, 660 does: If the reverse light is on, so is the reverse RPM limiter, preventing the engine from running more than around 2500 RPM... grounding the wire also eliminates this limiter so it is a win/win.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts