Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys ever had your reverse switch get stuck? Mine is stuck, and now i dont have to turn to it put it in reverse. All i have to do is push the shifter down past 1st and its in reverse, it annoying tho, Im afraid I will dump my tranny bc I accidentally shifted to reverse like 3 times last night. anyway, do I need to geta new switch, is the dr.d switch that much better? And if you have switched reverse cables, how big of a pain in the ass is it?

Thanks alot guys.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey fellas my 2005 660 is stuck in reverse. Anytime I shift below 1st I go into reverse without turning the switch. I checked linkage cable and I have a full range of motion and the spring is pulling the lever all the way back as it should . But still my reverse is always on without turning the switch. Please help !! Thanks in advance !!!

·
Master of the Electron
14,760 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Let's bump this to see if anybody can help.

Give some history - when and how did this start?

·
Registered
10 Posts
It started shortly after I bought the machine , ibwas riding it one evening down shifted, wasnt keeping count if what gear I was in I just down shifted till I hit 1st except I went all the way to reverse.

·
Master of the Electron
14,760 Posts
Anybody? Anybody?

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,045 Posts
Hey fellas my 2005 660 is stuck in reverse. Anytime I shift below 1st I go into reverse without turning the switch. I checked linkage cable and I have a full range of motion and the spring is pulling the lever all the way back as it should . But still my reverse is always on without turning the switch. Please help !! Thanks in advance !!!
Take the cable loose from the lever down on the motor. Then shift the lever manually, into and out of reverse. Then, make sure the cable matches the full movement of the lever, be sure the cable moves freely, not kinked or stretched.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah i tried that and it still stays in reverse. But even worse the mtf is pouring white smoke now and drinkin antifreeze like crazy. I'm thinkin dude sold me a lemon. Im ready to throw a Match on it !!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts