Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a little bit of a problem i was out riding today with a few buddies and after riding for about 1 hour my throttle started to stick open it felt like i had cruise control and picked up speed very quick. When the bike is in nutral and you crack the throttle it revs super high then dies down back to idle. All the power is there when riding. i have a gytr slip on pipe and 155-160 gytr jets, 25 pilots with gytr niddles. i have the clip in the middle or #3 i also have a k&n filter . Can someone please help this is really freaking me out.I need it fixed i can't go with out riding very long :3question:

thanks guys. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
960 Posts
try using wd 40 on the throttle cable it might just be sticky

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have relpaced the cable already and the same thing. help me please. :3question:

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Make sure the cable isn't being bound up or pinched anywhere.

Check your carbs; needle diaphrams, floats, idle adjustment.

Check your cable hookup to the carbs, and check that your throttle housing isn't being bound up either.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill check all that and get back to you thanks alot :thumbsup:

·
Registered
833 Posts
ya the needles are run by vacume and can sometimes stick alittle on the way back down.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya that piece that holds all that down the four little clips what # is that at ronnies thanks for the help :thumbsup:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if the niddles are moved by vacume what can cause them to sick AND HOW DO I FIX THE PROBLEM .i cleaned the carbs out and checked the mixture screws and it ran great after 3 hours of riding .it started to stick again. it sticked for 15 min then it went back to normal. i started my bike 24 hrs after the ride and it seems like its sticking again.

PLEASE HELP :crazy:

·
Registered
129 Posts
check if your carbs are tight or if there is a crack in the boot between the carb and head. This will cause a vaccum leak that will lean it out and make it rev on its own
hope this helps

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I had smaller bars and when I turned my bars left it would rev the engine. I just played with the cable and it fixed it. Sounds like you already tried that though

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,451 Posts
check if your carbs are tight or if there is a crack in the boot between the carb and head. This will cause a vaccum leak that will lean it out and make it rev on its own
hope this helps
Yeah, it sounds like you have a vacuum leak. With the motor running, spray brake cleaner around the carbs and intake boots. If it fluctuates you have a vacuum leak. Check your boots for damage or improper installation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts