Raptor Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Bobby G why did you not just call me direct and get 1 of the RHC 18 cams it was kind of sneaky going through TUF racing i okayed it and even Web cam called me and asked if it was okay.We all know where it will end up .My family @ web cam wont let any body copy it so thats cool have fun with it it takes some geometry changes and lots of clearancing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was not advertizing just trying to make a point .i was trying to make a point to the guy who went around the distributors to get this cam. i sell them to barker for next to nothing and he barley makes any thing on them.instead he payed nearly $100 more for it than if he had bought it from barker .All the heads that Barker has cnc programs belong to him i dont make any thing on them im not interested in the quad market .i have eniugh to do with the pro mx sport and dirt track i also do other cylinder head development for other companys im working on a billet race head for the cummins 5.9 @ the moment .I do very thourough port development i track velocities and swirls vs actual port flow it all adds up into making very good heads with good results .the barker heads may not be the best raptor heads out there but they had a lot more testing and development done on them than most out there and if there is a head that performs better or a cam that performs better it was buy pure luck.I have been doing this way to long to think that im some kind of genius and the ideas just pop into my head it comes from experiences .35 years of building 4 stroke engines i dont like it when some one sneaks around trying to copy other pepoles hard work.All i know is that this will be the last RHC 18 cam that goes out unless its bought from barker me or eric @ ehs I told web cam that idid not want any thing with in 10 degrees of it or big brother is going to spank them.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
i was not advertizing just trying to make a point .i was trying to make a point to the guy who went around the distributors to get this cam. i sell them to barker for next to nothing and he barley makes any thing on them.instead he payed nearly $100 more for it than if he had bought it from barker .All the heads that Barker has cnc programs belong to him i dont make any thing on them im not interested in the quad market .i have eniugh to do with the pro mx sport and dirt track i also do other cylinder head development for other companys im working on a billet race head for the cummins 5.9 @ the moment .I do very thourough port development i track velocities and swirls vs actual port flow it all adds up into making very good heads with good results .the barker heads may not be the best raptor heads out there but they had a lot more testing and development done on them than most out there and if there is a head that performs better or a cam that performs better it was buy pure luck.I have been doing this way to long to think that im some kind of genius and the ideas just pop into my head it comes from experiences .35 years of building 4 stroke engines i dont like it when some one sneaks around trying to copy other pepoles hard work.All i know is that this will be the last RHC 18 cam that goes out unless its bought from barker me or eric @ ehs I told web cam that idid not want any thing with in 10 degrees of it or big brother is going to spank them.
when you wake up in the morning, do you piss excellence?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well since its lamo Pleas let me tell the story about racers edge .I had nothing against racers edge last fall a nother company im not mentioning there name wanted to buy valves from me they were a customer of Johns he wanted a good price from me nearly what john and me would get as a distributor whic we worked hard to get to that pricing the customer seen a invoice in a shipment and new what john was paying i emailed him giving him a heads up and telling him i was not going to pursue his customer for A few hundred dollars in my pocket he acnoledged my email .just recently john called web cam and wanted them to give up my cam specification to him and duplicate the RHC 18 cam and they told him noway he would have to come up with his own numbers Debbie told me today about this and said John got all pissy with her and told web cam that he was going to get all the equipment and start building his own billet cams.in the mean time he gets Bob to buy a rhc 18 cam so he can look @ it .From my conversation with Web Cam today he may have to buy his own equipment or have some one else grind cams for him there not very happy with racers edge @ the moment no mater how many cams he has purchased from them .im not happy either John and me work with some of the same manufactures in the industry i will make sure that there aware of his practices also .John could have bought the cam from me directly and every thing would have been fine I dont think he had any idea how close and how far back web cam and RHC go WEB cams fomerly weber cams.freinds dont piss on freinds keep burning those bridges.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Well since its lamo Pleas let me tell the story about racers edge .I had nothing against racers edge last fall a nother company im not mentioning there name wanted to buy valves from me they were a customer of Johns he wanted a good price from me nearly what john and me would get as a distributor whic we worked hard to get to that pricing the customer seen a invoice in a shipment and new what john was paying i emailed him giving him a heads up and telling him i was not going to pursue his customer for A few hundred dollars in my pocket he acnoledged my email .just recently john called web cam and wanted them to give up my cam specification to him and duplicate the RHC 18 cam and they told him noway he would have to come up with his own numbers Debbie told me today about this and said John got all pissy with her and told web cam that he was going to get all the equipment and start building his own billet cams.in the mean time he gets Bob to buy a rhc 18 cam so he can look @ it .From my conversation with Web Cam today he may have to buy his own equipment or have some one else grind cams for him there not very happy with racers edge @ the moment no mater how many cams he has purchased from them .im not happy either John and me work with some of the same manufactures in the industry i will make sure that there aware of his practices also .John could have bought the cam from me directly and every thing would have been fine I dont think he had any idea how close and how far back web cam and RHC go WEB cams fomerly weber cams.freinds dont piss on freinds keep burning those bridges.
It's BS to steal or even attempt to steal another's hard work. That's what happens when master your craft. People want it so bad they'll go to any lengths to get it.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Wow....this thread is going nowhere fast!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ron is first class and one of the smartest in this business. I had the pleasure of going up to his place and meeting him a few years ago. He had 700 head cut in half sitting there on the bench. He might not piss excellence but he sure does sell it!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.