Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Behold the Polaris Ranger RZR. Looks pretty cool, can't wait to see some specs, looks to be smaller than the Rhino. Glad to see some othe manufactureres getting into the SUTV game.
http://www.wellerracing.net/rzr photoshoot/

·
Registered
579 Posts
I believe a stock Polaris Ranger is faster and has better specs than a stock Rhino. Theres a huge aftermarket for the Rhino that doesnt exist for any other side by side.

·
Registered
735 Posts
rhinos are wicked, you cant take the other side by sides where a rhino goes....ever hill climb one? Trust me, they climb hills I wouldnt touch on the raptor!

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
This one is actually supposed to be around 800 pounds and 50" wide, actual dry weight could approach 1000lbs though.

Looks like they're trying to straddle the line between atv and sidebyside and make this one trail legal in many states.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I don't think Rhinos are that cool. Yeah they can help tow cars back and make good rescue vehicles, but thats about it. My quad is faster and more comfortable than a rhino. Hill climbing....yeah if you mean hill crawling. Never seen a Rhino haul ass up hill. Never seen a Rhino go where i can't on my quad. This RZR looks pretty sweet though... can't wait to see it in action!

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
not true locking 4wd and where do you put your deer (plural). I think it is good to push yamaha to update design, but more engine isnt the answer, EFI to make the rhino start easier and eliminate the vaccum fuel pump. The rhino isnt safe past 50mph , IRS and topheaviness may be to blame. I like that the rhino can be laying on it's side in a deep washed out ditch and still pull through.

To argue the AWD and full lock, it makes a BIG diff! In reg 4wd the rhino uses conventional slip-sensing sutch as awd, but when you lock all 4, you can go anywhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts