Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JD Performance

Votes: 2 100.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a set of stock size replacement upper a-arms, and am having a hard time choosing between these two companies. My stock upper right a a-arm bent after a small wreck and I need something stronger.

What your opinion? I've read mixed reviews on both companies. By the sounds of things JD has about a two week wait and Ricky can ship right away.

Ricky Stator: http://www.rickystator.com/catalog/yamaha-raptor-stock-upper-arms-p-32.html

JD Performance: (Towards the bottom) http://www.jdperformance.net/488 Web Design/a arms.html

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I guess my question is, what is keeping you from buying a complete set of aftermarket A-arms? If I recall correctly, you said in another post that you were concerned about your width for trail riding, but unless you are riding someplace extremely narrow, you should have no issues going out to a +2+1 setup and being well under 50" wide. I just put that setup on my bike and with the stock wheels and YFZ450 shocks I was at 46.5" wide. After I got some aftermarket wheels, I was at 50", and that's fine for me.

I just couldn't personally justify spending the $249 for JD uppers, or even the $219 for Ricky Stators, when for about $100 more, I could get a full set of A-arms. That's just my opinion on the matter. I'd like to hear what your thoughts are though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I guess my question is, what is keeping you from buying a complete set of aftermarket A-arms? If I recall correctly, you said in another post that you were concerned about your width for trail riding, but unless you are riding someplace extremely narrow, you should have no issues going out to a +2+1 setup and being well under 50" wide. I just put that setup on my bike and with the stock wheels and YFZ450 shocks I was at 46.5" wide. After I got some aftermarket wheels, I was at 50", and that's fine for me.

I just couldn't personally justify spending the $249 for JD uppers, or even the $219 for Ricky Stators, when for about $100 more, I could get a full set of A-arms. That's just my opinion on the matter. I'd like to hear what your thoughts are though.
Valid points. My main concern about getting the wider arms is the trails. The ones I ride in are fairly narrow, but I'm sure I could get by with some wider ones. I also go to the sand dunes pretty often during the summer, so the wider stance would be nice. What I'm normally seeing though, (mind you I'm fairly new to this) is that with a +2+1 setup, some people are having to run other shocks. Now I may (and probably am) be wrong here, but that really jumps the price up. I would be happy with some Alba Pro Elite's but I don't want to by replacing my shocks right away.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Alba has a set for 400 that have an adaptor so you can use your stock shocks and when you have the money you can get a set of long travel shocks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
You dont really need one but they are way nicer and more stable. You could run spacers to. There are a couple of options. I have a g-force axle and its adjustable and a lifetime warrenty. Only 200 bucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.