Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is thier any riding with camping around Lone Pine, Ca. Tired of the Desert need to get up in the trees.
Thanks John.

·
Registered
274 Posts
If you don't mind driving a little more check out Bishop. Check out the map link. You can park on the asphalt part just off of Coyote Rd. and take Coyote Rd. up into the mountains. By the way, there is a MX track at the end of the asphalt. A local told me that Coyote Lake is at about 12,500 feet and about 20 to 25 miles in. I almost made it to the lake, but turned around because I was riding solo and civilization was calling.

http://www.google.com/maps?q=Bishop...18.440471&spn=0.008888,0.014377&t=h&z=16&om=1

Another section near there is Buttermilk Rd.

http://www.google.com/maps?q=Bishop....585374&spn=0.004445,0.007188&z=17&iwloc=addr

There are several campsites along the gorge pictured in the above link and there are 100's of miles of trails there.

The head on shot is on Buttermilk Rd. with the gorge on the left and the other shot is of a short side road to the left of the main trail about 10 miles in on Coyote Rd. The only thing the campsites have are rock rings. Stay on the trails and pack out what you pack in. :thumbsup: The environmentalists are trying to take away some OHV trails in the area. Happy camping!

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Have you guys tried Kennedy Meadows? I havent been there but have heard it is in the trees and is technical riding. Thought i would throw that in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ursuaja said:
Have you guys tried Kennedy Meadows? I havent been there but have heard it is in the trees and is technical riding. Thought i would throw that in.
I've been up there on a dirt bike 3 times in the last two years. Beautiful scenery and yes, technical stuff, but I don't think there is an abundance of riding for quads - at least not up around Troy Meadow where I go. Many trails are limited to bikes only - not only are they posted, but trees have been felled across the trail and openings just big enough for a bike cut through with a chainsaw. Since it's mountainous you can't go around.

You can call and speak to a Ranger, they are great peeps. Very informative. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Check out the Olancha Dunes near Owens Lake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts