Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think im gonna score some riding boots, iam normally a size 11 1/2 in regular shoes so what should i go for, a size 12? any suggestions on what boots /models i should look at?

·
Registered
865 Posts
I NORMALLY WEAR SIZE 14 BUT IN MY RIDING BOOTS I WEAR A 13

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Boots ?? >>---------------->>> I wear flip flops :eek:

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumm, juz kidding...I wear a size 12 and have found if you go with Alpinestars they seem to run a little big, on me anyway.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I wear thick MX socks for all temps, and even thicker ones for cold weather (not cold where I live very often), so I tend to buy one size up. I am a 10.5/11 in tennis shoes, so my riding boots are 12's. Works for me.

Go to a shop, and try some on with the types of socks you'll be using. Mail-order accordingly.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Generally speaking ATV boots just have a waffle botom (like work boots).MX boots have a smoother bottom. I have Answer MX boots and I have no problems. I would sudjest moveing your shifter up one spline to get the boot under it.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
You cant just buy a boot buy size!!! For instance if you wera 10 shoe I guarantee you will need a size to size and a half larger boot in a Fox brand as they run really small. Whatever you do make sure you try them on before you buy them, oh and one other thing, dont go cheap!! If your feet hurt it really makes riding suck!!! :'(

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have Gaerne boots that were made for ATV riders. They are more flexible than mx boots so you can comfortably walk around in them, and the sole is more like a hiking boot. I like em.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just bought some O Neal boots and I wore them for 5 min and took them off. I cant shift for sh1t. Its not bad enough you have to break in the bike for 10 hours, you have to break in these damn boots too? How did you guys do it? I was thinking of raising my shifter for the time being.

·
Registered
273 Posts
DJG21 said:
Generally speaking ATV boots just have a waffle botom (like work boots).MX boots have a smoother bottom. I have Answer MX boots and I have no problems. I would sudjest moveing your shifter up one spline to get the boot under it.
If you do a search there is a thread on moving the shifter. its really easy. Just take off the front chain guard and take off the shifter and move it to where its comfortable :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
raptor07 said:
I have Gaerne boots that were made for ATV riders. They are more flexible than mx boots so you can comfortably walk around in them, and the sole is more like a hiking boot. I like em.
Gaerne is a Very High Quality boot!! That is what I wear also, and I can wear them all day and be comfy! I have found that the best way to get a deal on boots is to go to the local Dealers try on the different Brands that you like, and find out what size you need for that particular Brand then look for them online. I bought my Gaerne SG-10's on Ebay Brand new for $156 shipped and those sell in most stores for $299-329 plus tax

1 - 18 of 18 Posts