Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can buy red and black atv riding boots from? Does it really matter between atv and motorcross motorcycle riding boots.

·
Registered
791 Posts
rockymountainatv.com look at the alpinestars tech3 and tech10 i think thats the best looking red and black boot
i have the tech3 wish i had the tech10

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2fast4u2catch said:
rockymountainatv.com look at the alpinestars tech3 and tech10 i think thats the best looking red and black boot
i have the tech3 wish i had the tech10
Is there a big difference of the atv and motorcycle boots; does it really matter? It looks like the atv boots have a lot more traction on the bottom.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have the atv boots and if I had it to do again I would of got the Motorcyle boots. The cleats get hung up in the pegs and do not let me slide or twist my foot very well, especially when I want to move it around the shifter.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I take it the better way to go is the motorcycle boots?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm not to sure about that myself. I tired to ride my new rappy 700 yesterday with my FOX motorcycle boots and they didn't have enough flex in them to allow me to shift, so I had to take the off. I would suspect that ATV boots have more flex that would allow you to shift. Maybe just my boots, I don't know, but something to think about.

·
Registered
554 Posts
The ATV boots are not more flexible than the motorcycle boots. The only difference on the Thor Quadrant boots from the motorcycle to the ATV boot is the sole. The motorcycle boot is more like the sole of a tennis shoe and the ATV boot has cleats like a work boot.

I might add that I hated mine at first too. They were stiff as hell and I was constantly missing shifts. I moved my shifter up a little and started just wearing my boots around outside more and they are starting to break in a little and get a little more flex to them.

I like the feel of shifting without them, but feel much safer with them on. Hopefully they break in a lot more before summer.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I myself have the fox trackers, at first I didn't like them at all but now I would ride with out them. Once the break in there perfect. As for the atv and the moto boots. I belive that in the end the atv boots would break in better with a better more flex feel. From what I was told when buying mine was that the diff was that the moto boot was stiffer because the fact that you use your leg of the bike alot. As to on a atv your feet stay on, so the boot would later have a better feel. Also a moto boot would take longer to break in on a atv. I have never tried a moto boots so can only tell you from what I was told buy the sales person.

·
Registered
314 Posts
i have the thor quadrants, so far i like them. still have some breaking in to do but so far they seem to feel pretty good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts