Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of Fox Tracker boots. Im going to be buying a 2007 Honda TRX300EX soon. I do not race i just ride, in the woods on trails, go off small jumps, popping wheelies and all those little tricks, just riding along. To me the Fox Tracker boots just don't feel right and i think offer more protection than needed. I usually just use normal running shoes or work boots when riding. But moving up to a bigger ATV I will probably need more. So I am looking into smaller riding boots. Boots like the Thor 50/50 boots. Would these be any good, are there any others? Are these good for me? etc. Please help.

Thank you!!

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I"ll be ordering a set this weekend, just haven't decided what color :thumbsup:

Full size boots were good for my dirtbike but I don't have the need on an atv since I don't jump much. I usually wear a pair of work/hunting/casual boots but I've gone to the dunes in tennis shoes before. I did a good bit of research here and elsewhere and I came to a similar conclusion, the smaller boots look worth trying.

There are a few others.

Alpinestars Tech 2
AXO Slammer
O'Neal Shorty

I thought Gaerne had a boot as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Maddog56. Now how are those other shoes? Should i even bother buying a pair of these smaller ones? What is their purpose?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just got the alpinestars tech 2. I love them. I too didnt want a full size boot. These are real nice boots.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I got the thor 50/50 and love them, great when your just riding, and i havent hurt anything when jumping or crashing, i would buy them again

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright I have two questions:

1.) What is the purpose of these smaller ATV boots?

2.) What is the best kind I can get? Thor 50/50, Alpinestars Tech 2, what?

Any little reviews on these smaller boots is welcome aswell,
Thank you!

·
Registered
19 Posts
BigFootWitness said:
Alright I have two questions:

1.) What is the purpose of these smaller ATV boots?

2.) What is the best kind I can get? Thor 50/50, Alpinestars Tech 2, what?

Any little reviews on these smaller boots is welcome aswell,
Thank you!
1.) to add more protection than a standard shoe, reinforced/padded for shifting ect, & not having to have a bulky, hot, full boot if you don't need the extra protection.

2.) I have the thor 50/50 and I love them. The cheapest place to get them is www.sandhillspowersports.com $88 shipped. I'm sure the other boots are great as well, just personal preference.

·
Registered
596 Posts
hey kpm i was actually lookin into a pair of the thor 50/50's. how do you like them? How they feel?

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have been looking at the Thor 50/50 boots also and was wondering how the sizing was. Are you guys wearing the same size as you would a shoe or do they fit big or small?

Jay

·
Registered
596 Posts
the mag says that they run a full size bigger

·
Registered
657 Posts
So if you need a 9 you should get an 8 I guess.

Jay

·
Registered
596 Posts
yeah thats what i was thinkin......sux too cause a 9 just seems too small for me but ill give it a shot

·
Registered
657 Posts
Yeah, I am going to hunt around and see if any of my crappy dealers carry them so I can try a pair on. I really like the idea of them as I can not shift a quad with full boots, I normally wear my Military Desert Boots.

Jay

·
Registered
596 Posts
yeah it took me a while to get used to shiftin with full boots. but its def a good investment

·
Registered
657 Posts
Yeah, I have a pair of full boots I just think these short boots would be great for camping and duning.

Jay

·
Registered
510 Posts
I started wearing full size boots after a friend flipped over backwards, and the handlebars laid both of his shins open. Also prevents you from getting harpooned by sticks/branches....

·
Registered
827 Posts
i bought a full size set of boots and will never wear anything else. you may feel that since you ride and dont race you may not need them. well it better to say you never needed em and had them rather than sit and say wow if i would have had full size boots i would still be able to walk. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Anybody tried the short boots and actually gone back to a full MX boot?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts