Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone from VA on here? Locally Charlottesville, or Central VA near Richmond or Roanoke? Looking for someone to ride with or somewhere to ride. Let me know, thanks, mike

·
Registered
203 Posts
I live in Fredericksburg Va. There is on place near my house to ride thats free. What's it like down your way?

T Dog
06 SE

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
T-Dog,
there isn't much down here. I'm looking for some big riding. Mountains,jumps,trails a little of everything. I did find a few places in W.VA but am still looking into it. What have you got your way?

Mike

·
Registered
203 Posts
I ride on a gas line for about the last 5 years is our main spot. It has about 5 miles on the line with a little of everything ( Rocks, small hills, high speed) Off the main the gas line are miles of trails with the same Va stuff. Trees, rocks, ruts, a couple small jumps, small water crossing, etc....

If you want to come ride some weekend to try it our let me know.

:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
im not too entirely far from you guys, im in southern MD, about 20 minutes from the bridge. Have you guys ever been to that ATV park by Budd's Creek and MIR? i might head up there one weekend just to check it out.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Me and my riding buddy went there about 6 weeks ago. They have a MX track thats about 1 mile long with jumps and some big berms too. Also they have about 15 to 25 miles of woods trails. The people that run it are supper nice. If you have kids they also have a kids track too. They have bathrooms, snacks, etc....

The only down side is the price. Its $50 for non-memebrs. If you become a memeber the daily fee drops to $32. Here is the link to the place. http://www.atvwannaride.com/. We had a good time the day we when. They have a fun race for Dirt bike, ATVs, and the Kids.

If you want to go some weekend let me know I will bring my buddy. He has a raptor too. More rides the better.

SO smell My face were do you ride in southern MD?

·
Registered
213 Posts
T-Dog said:
Me and my riding buddy went there about 6 weeks ago. They have a MX track thats about 1 mile long with jumps and some big berms too. Also they have about 15 to 25 miles of woods trails. The people that run it are supper nice. If you have kids they also have a kids track too. They have bathrooms, snacks, etc....

The only down side is the price. Its $50 for non-memebrs. If you become a memeber the daily fee drops to $32. Here is the link to the place. http://www.atvwannaride.com/. We had a good time the day we when. They have a fun race for Dirt bike, ATVs, and the Kids.

If you want to go some weekend let me know I will bring my buddy. He has a raptor too. More rides the better.

SO smell My face were do you ride in southern MD?
Where i live, nanjemoy, there are miles and miles of trails, most on state land with awesome roads/paths cutting through em everywhere. Within 20 minutes of riding, you could hit a swamp, beach, gravel pit, wide open dirt roads, and some serious hill climbs. Im going to take some pictures this weekend if the weather is decent. Down at the local "riding spot" where everyone usually meets, there are two pretty big hills, trails and jumps. But down at the big ass gravel pit there are these massive sand, gravel and rock piles that look like some of the dunes out west. Its great, i love riding here, and the cops dont have a problem with you riding down the road, they just wave as you go by on a 60mph wheelie :grin_nod:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Dude, that place sounds sweet. Take some photos, I would like to see the sand pit in MD!! Once it warms up you we will have to hook up so you can show us around ( So I don't lost in that place). We are talking about going riding on saturday and I will take some photos of our area to send to you.

Ride safe!

·
Registered
213 Posts
ya ill get some vids on sunday hopefully if noone is there. Its probably the coolest place ive ever rode! Jumps, hills, wide open dirt roads, and a massive man made pond. Its gota be a couple hundred acres easy.

edit: never been there with the rappy either, only been with my old kawasaki prairie lol, cant wait to take the beast down there and get to work!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Man that place sounds like fun. Not much here in Southeastern Va. There are 2 legal places to ride about 45 mins. west of Norfolk. Both are pretty fun but I need to find somewhere new, kinda gets old after a while but it's a place to ride.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey I am from southern WV, about 30 mins south of Charleston, WV near a town called Madison - which is in the middle of the famous Hatfield McCoy trail system. The trail system is a great place to spend a weekend if u enjoy trail riding, lots of utilities on the trail. But I have plenty of free riding, with open trails for fast riding, some jumps, mud, plenty of hills, a good mix of it all. We have a crew that rides about 40-60 miles a day when we meet and would welcome any visitors, free camping and cheap motels nearby.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Dude,

I have read a lot about the WVA trails. Is it all slow? Most of the photos you see on the web sites and the mag show one line slow looking trails. Thats fun, but i want to get my 700 up and running sometimes too.

T-Dog

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Hatfield McCoy trails are pretty tight and imo not designed for sport quads, but the local riding spots where my crew spends most of our time are on gas roads, coal haul roads, and strip mines. The strips provide a great place to ride as fast as you desire, and provide some steep/fast hillclimbs. It is the noncommercial/nonregulated trails we have the most fun on. No one checking silencers, coolers, etc. The nations increase in energy needs has really created some great places to ride in southern WV on sport quads, and plenty of mud pits for the utes.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
hittin the cove this saturday,there will be 4 of us ridin,come meet us up there.....just look for white gytr,green mojave,red hawkeye,black 660......

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have never been to the Cove. Is it any good? I had some on telling me it was very rocky there and alot of 4x4 too. I Live in Fredericksburg VA and I am only about 70 miles from The Cove. I am running out of place to ride around here!!!!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
loose nutz said:
hittin the cove this saturday,there will be 4 of us ridin,come meet us up there.....just look for white gytr,green mojave,red hawkeye,black 660......
well we just got back from the cove, and in my opinion it sucks ass for sport bikes ( raptors ) to many rocks,it would be a nice place if it didn't have the rocks....... i won't be goin back there till i get my outlander 800.. thats next on my agenda. so we r gonna do tower city next saturday.. anyone game??

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well, I guess that answers my question about the cove! Were is Tower City???

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
hey guys im in fredericksburg and im looking to ride too....whats goin on

·
Registered
882 Posts
I highly reccommend The patterson OHV trail system..right outside of a little town called eagle rock..its worth any kind of drive..and its in the national forest so bring a tent

1 - 20 of 66 Posts