Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in New York and ride on nearby dirt roads that are legal public roads. Im trying to plan in case a cop shows up what to say or do.

What do you guys think would be a good excuse about riding on a dirt road?

·
Registered
191 Posts
It's dirt your bike makes shit loads of dust I would just leave him in a cloud of dust.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm in NY too, if you don't have anyone with cop connections, it's getting taken away. I'm registered and insured and the only reason I was let go was because my father is a retired sergeant.

·
Registered
437 Posts
because ny is the second highest a$$hole stat in the nation ( right behind good old california) they dont allow you to register them for road use and hell i cant legaly ride my own land with out insurance and registration how much bs is that

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yeah NY is horrible. One guy managed to slip through and get his Banshee road legal a few years ago, but that got shut down pretty quickly. You need registration and insurance to ride it ANYWHERE. I was washing it in the street and was told to put it away or it would be taken away...

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm in the city, not Manhatten i'm in Queens.

·
Registered
391 Posts
If it's private property there's no need. Legally, if you don't own the land, yes you need to be insured. It won't make that big of a deal. Especially in the catskills, you won't be bothered and if you know the owner of the land your 100% fine. I ride in Brooklyn, NY right off a major highway in back of a shopping mall in some dunes. Its illegal, but 50 people come down every Sunday, we all have a good time and the police say as long as your not bothering anyone dont worry.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea im just nervous because me and my cousin have been riding on this road for a while, but now with my new raptor im a little hesitant to go riding on the road right away

because if i get caught and they impound my raptor i am completely screwed

·
Registered
54 Posts
as long as you have a good escape route. I would ditch the cop. I live in the biggest borough in Allegheny county PA and theres alot of farms/woods train tracks around here. The cops are aware that you have to get on the road every once in awhile. Plus being a fireman helps alot. All the cops know my by first name and not because i was in trouble lol. Just make some friends or find somewhere legit to ride. Its unfortunate but you gotta take the good with the bad.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Reading your storys, Portugal is a paradise, all the motorbikes can be modified with no limits because there is no inspection for motorbikes. And i can ride my Raptor everywhere i want, no mirrors, horn, turn signals....
But with cars, there's another story....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts