Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

New to your forum and to my '08 700. I hope this is the right place for question...
I Want another 2" (don't go there!) of handle bar rise, and want the 1 1/8" bars, so what's the smarter way to go a new chrome-moly stem +2" or the Rox 2" Elite Anti-Vibration Risers?
Either way I need to relocate the ignition so it's the DRD reverse lever +2" cable then from what I read I can simply drill the plug and mount switch in old reverse fender hole.

Thanks for input,
Chris

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah you can just drill the plug for the key in the fender or just buy the whole kit from tqsatv which has the reverse lever and a billet plug that goes into the fender which looks better.
Also the antivibe risers are nice and are sweet to have for sure. That being said, your oem stem is a piece of shit. They bend really easy and if you ever roll her then your going to end up replacing it anyway with something tougher. I just build them myself out of 1 1/4" 1/8" wall chromoly whatever length I want. If your handy with a welder then just make one. Here is one I just finished for another guy on here.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Yeah you can just drill the plug for the key in the fender or just buy the whole kit from tqsatv which has the reverse lever and a billet plug that goes into the fender which looks better.
Also the antivibe risers are nice and are sweet to have for sure. That being said, your oem stem is a piece of shit. They bend really easy and if you ever roll her then your going to end up replacing it anyway with something tougher. I just build them myself out of 1 1/4" 1/8" wall chromoly whatever length I want. If your handy with a welder then just make one. Here is one I just finished for another guy on here.
atta boy :D

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
atta boy :D

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Hello all,

New to your forum and to my '08 700. I hope this is the right place for question...
I Want another 2" (don't go there!) of handle bar rise, and want the 1 1/8" bars, so what's the smarter way to go a new chrome-moly stem +2" or the Rox 2" Elite Anti-Vibration Risers?
Either way I need to relocate the ignition so it's the DRD reverse lever +2" cable then from what I read I can simply drill the plug and mount switch in old reverse fender hole.

Thanks for input,
Chris
It depends what your goal is. I've tried both stem and Rox anti-vibe risers. The anti-vibe risers reduced vibration more than my stem did.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts