Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I ordered the Rocket Factory intake setup when I ordered my Barkers and I now have a question.

I know this is the Trinity intake (it said on the package) but, I thought the K&N Rocket Factory sent was huge and you HAD to cut the box to get it to fit right? The K&N I have here is not even as tall as the STOCKER and will fit in the airbox with no cutting.

Here is the part number for the K&N I got YA-3502.

If anyone has this kit or just know if I have the right filter please chime in, I need to get this figured out fast!!!!!!

Thanks,
Jay

·
Registered
815 Posts
they must have sent you the wrong one... i dont have the one you are talking about... but the BIG FILTER that they have on their bikes... it ELIMINATES the air box... there is no-way it will fit with the airbox still on...
so i would give them a call tmrw..

Plattner

·
Registered
77 Posts
the trinity is a direct bolt type intake with the billet ring(meant to be used with the stock box but you can modify it to work with out)....the RF filter is a big paper filter,that was found to work with the stock air boot with the box removed..... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
685 Posts
you got the correct filter, i thought the same thing and they even told me that when i placed the order i would have to cut the air box and I would see better numbers with the kit vs the Pro design. but when i recieved the filter its the same one Trintiy offers the banshee filter. I called and confirmed this, I was told by the man him self Jason. so if your looking for the BIG filter kit From Rocket your looking in the wrong place.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, I just spoke with Rocket Factory and if there is anyone else wondering. With the Barkers, PCIII and Trinity Intake with the filter I listed above is what you want and they tested showing no difference in a cut box to a box with the lid off the map is even the SAME. I see this as good news.

They said you will need to get that box out of there for a bigger filter and what not when you get up to the big bores.

Jay

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, the bike seems to run good from what I can tell in the driveway. I will just have to see later this week if I need to cut the box or change maps but I think I am good.

I can't believe the PCIII papers say nothing about water. I just put mine back were the tools used to be.

Will anything happen if any of the three buttons gets hit while the bike is or is not running??????

Jay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.