Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i ordered some haulers 20x10x10 8 paddles on some itp t9s....i get the tires today and i count the paddles and sure enough they screwed up and gave me the 9 paddle :mad: i cant exchange them because im going on a trip this weekend. is the 9 paddles too much? will the 9 paddles dig too much?? i know they cost more so i guess i lucked out that way but is it worth returning them and getting the 8 paddles?? will it make that much if a difference??

also keep in mind that im only use these tires for hill shooting thats pretty much it..i got v paddles for all around riding.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so i call rockymountain and tell them what happened and that i need paddles for the weekend..the girl helping me out tells me to hang on for a min and comes back online..She tells me they messed up the order its their fault so they r gonna send out a new set of 8 paddles with overnight shipping...so ill get them tomorrow. woohoo these guys r AWESOME!!!! they even emailed me a prepaid shippin label for the tires im going to return...now thats customer service..im happy now. ill keep u guys updated once i get the new tires tomorrow. :thumbsup: to RMATV

·
Registered
423 Posts
rockinfigs said:
ok so i call rockymountain and tell them what happened and that i need paddles for the weekend..the girl helping me out tells me to hang on for a min and comes back online..She tells me they messed up the order its their fault so they r gonna send out a new set of 8 paddles with overnight shipping...so ill get them tomorrow. woohoo these guys r AWESOME!!!! they even emailed me a prepaid shippin label for the tires im going to return...now thats customer service..im happy now. ill keep u guys updated once i get the new tires tomorrow. :thumbsup: to RMATV
yah there always a good place

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I can but I don’t really want to. This has been covered on the forum so many times, do a search. Basically more paddles will get you out of the hole faster, but 8 paddles will easily put your front in the air so how much hookup do you need. Once you get moving more paddles will just create unneeded drag and cause you to loose power on the top end. People often think they need more paddles than they really do especially on four strokes. Back in the day of two strokes it was not uncommon to have 10 paddles, but your engine also fired more frequently then a four stoke does. If you want the technical answer do a search and you can read about the technical aspects.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Rocky Mtn took back a pair of ARC foul weather pants that ripped on the front seam after 2 rides, no questions asked and also sent out the shipping label to return the old ones. They have always seemed too have good customer service and I will continue buying from them.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
did they send u the return shipping label with your new pants or did they email it to u?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cool got my new 8 paddle tires and rims this morning...im a happy camper..they sent me the ups return label to my email so i can send back the other tires back..again RMATV comes through....great price and great customer service

·
Registered
350 Posts
cheech said:
Rocky Mtn took back a pair of ARC foul weather pants that ripped on the front seam after 2 rides, no questions asked and also sent out the shipping label to return the old ones. They have always seemed too have good customer service and I will continue buying from them.

I'm also on my 2nd pair, ripped after about 5 or 6 rides 3 weeks later after I bought them. They took them back and replaced them, shipped them overnight to me and paid for the return shipping of the other pants. They always are great when it comes to customer service :thumbsup:

·
Registered
219 Posts
PDX Raptor said:
If you are only using the tires for hill shooting, wouldn't you want more paddles :3question:
Nope...for the hillshooting we do in the Oregon Dunes when you get down to the bottom of an idiot hole, you want to be able to get your rear tires spinning fast and in short order (as you've got no runway at the hill). More paddles will bog you down (and causes your front end to want to reach for the sky). It depends on the diameter of your tire, and the type of paddle you are running.

With a 20" tire, I'd have no regrets going with a 9-paddle or even 10-paddle hauler or extreme hauler. With a 22" tire (which I run on an 8" rim) I'd run no more than 8-paddles with an Extreme Hauler. The folks down South seem to think that 7 paddles are a good set-up. Some of the dedicated (and self-proclaimed) "hard core" hill shooters out here are running 22" triple buffed Skat Trak Gliders with 12 to 14 paddles. The paddle isn't near as tall, and these guys can really get those tires working on some of the steep hill shots. Bottom line is...buy a tire and stick with it. Mess with your gearing (front and rear sprockets) until you feel that it is the best set-up for you...not the best set-up because someone else said it was.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I love Rocky Mountain ATV I get all my Riding apparel from them and some parts. Remember that if you send a $1000.00 with them in a year you get a 10% discount on all your orders.
:thumbsup:And there good about returning wrong size Items and sending out return labels. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.