Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a new right headlight and i bent my handlebar.... any suggestions on a good replacement? i was thinking about protapers. and where can i get a stock headlight other than the dealer?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Bush,

I put the Tag2 bars on my bike, but I changed my stem and clamp to the larger 1 1/8". I heard protapers SE are good bars and many people are very happy with them. If you're looking to smooth out shocks and hits through the bars, the Fasstt Flex bars are supposed to be great. Be warned, that set of bars are close to three hundred bucks. As for your headlight, you might want to contact this guy http://stores.ebay.com/Sport-Atv-Salvage, he sells salvaged ATV parts on ebay. Good Luck!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the fast reply, i gotta head off to work. my budget for bars are around 200 so ill shop around. Thanks again

·
Registered
340 Posts
Those look nice. I dont know if the plastic key holder will fit, it may because the clips are sized for 7/8. You may have to pull the cross bar then pop it back onto the bar. Here is a shot of my set up:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Phyto,

Thanks for the compliment bro! It's a Gibson +2 stem. It was around 300 with the anti-vibe clamp. The bars are the CR bend and were around 80. I'd like to get a set of the Flexx Bars and try them out one of these days. Overall, I'm VERY happy with the set up and don't miss my Trail Tech at all! If you're interested in this set up give Matt at East Coast ATV a call. He'll take care of you.

Frank

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im pretty sure im getting the pro taper SE but i cant decide what bend.... what all will i need to install them? just the bars and some grips? whats a good bend to get thats close to stock? atv mid?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Bush_Pilot said:
im pretty sure im getting the pro taper SE but i cant decide what bend.... what all will i need to install them? just the bars and some grips? whats a good bend to get thats close to stock? atv mid?
You should be able to use all the stock hardware and you will need some grips and grip glue. I may be wrong but I thought the protapers are available with the raptor bend. It's really personal preference when it comes to bar bends Bush, I wish I coupld help you there. Good luck!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Bush_Pilot said:
Someone had posted that anything other than the Raptor bend would rub the tank cover.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts