Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this is what happens when you let family members ride your stuff. :'( My brother was riding my Raptor up a long steep hill and managed to flip it backwards. The funny thing is he did it with finesse. As the quad was pointing straight up at the sky, he kept holding on to the handle bars and he ended up on his back and the quad rolled back over him, but he basically benched it up over himself with his feet still on the pegs. So now the quad did a nose dive into the ground and crushed the DG bumper, and then rolled over on its side all the while, as he still holding on to the handle bars. He held it so it didnt roll anymore. The quad started fine after this and i was able to bend back the front bumper (but the elds are still broke)

Now the thing that concerns me is that when i look at the quad from the back...the plastics and the rear PRM grab bar are tilted. The axle and everything looks straight though. i havent removed any of the platics or the grab bar yet, but does anyone have an idea of whats causing this? Could it be the sub framed bent? do they bend pretty easily?

·
Registered
202 Posts
i wouldnt bet on that subframe bending easy lol, my snapped a while back. look at the bolts where the grabbar is connected and look for paint chipping up. i did a wheelie in the dirt and set the quad on its butt, bent the grab bar up and pushed on the plastic. all i did was step on the bar and bounce up and down to bend it back.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks...i'm going to look at it tomorrow, but im hoping it isnt the subframe. one thing i did realize is the grab bar is slightly loose now. I can lower and raise it about an inch total. but not sure why that would cause the rear plastics to look lopsided by about an inch. And this crash realy wasnt violent at all, but I guess 400lbs can easily bend metal...I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

Worst case senerio...how much would a new subframe cost?

·
Registered
494 Posts
I rolled my quad on Thanksgiving but all was well.

I have to say that PRM bars are junk. Ive had one snap off before. They told me they would replace it under warranty one time, but then I was on my own.

I have an AC 6 pack rack now and it didnt even get fazed through the roll over.

Ive snapped a subframe before as well. Its just a piece of cast alluminum. I think I spent about $350 a year ago on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts