Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going up a steep hill.. and it's all snowy out.. so I was leaning on the back of my seat... pretty much on the grab bar... It's weird right before it tipped over... I let off the gas to let it roll back down the hill....

It went end over.. .bent the handle bars.. broke the little tab off the throttle cable box.... bent the clutch some more....broke the bracket that holds the front brake on.. and the front right headlight tabs.

:(

Anyone got some OEM replacements for sale? :help:

·
Registered
74 Posts
:confused:

CRY ME A RIVER!

Just means that you for once road you Rappy hard.

I've rolled mine three times. I've only broke my head lights THANK GOD.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AirForceRaptor said:
:confused:

CRY ME A RIVER!

Just means that you for once road you Rappy hard.

I've rolled mine three times. I've only broke my head lights THANK GOD.

Pft, I ride this fawker hard... :lol:

·
Registered
610 Posts
LNS said:
Anyone know where I can get a new bracket for the brake in the last pic?
Is the only part that's cracked the half we can see in the pic? The part that comes off when you remove those two bolts?

If so, I'd be happy to mail you that part. It's replaced when you put on the Dr D reverse lever. Just send me back whatever the postage was.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Damn that sucks.....I'm going to remove my headlights tomorrow.. :unsure:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Big Mike said:

Yes, on the brake.. the only thing that broke was that part you see...
I'd appreciate it.. and yes I'll send ya some money via paypal for your time and part. :thumbsup:

On the throttle.. it broke off from the box or whatever... know where I can replace that.

Big Mike - Want to sell the right or "passenger" side headlight? ;)

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
LNS said:
Big Mike said:

Yes, on the brake.. the only thing that broke was that part you see...
I'd appreciate it.. and yes I'll send ya some money via paypal for your time and part. :thumbsup:

On the throttle.. it broke off from the box or whatever... know where I can replace that.

Big Mike - Want to sell the right or "passenger" side headlight? ;)
I'll prolly keep them just in case I night ride at some point, did you check e-bay for a headlight yet ?? :3question:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
e-bay is showing a few 660 headlights, will they fit a 700 ?? :3question:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I checked.. all I saw was 660s like you said...

I don't think they will fit.. if they did.. they look a lot different too... :confused:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
LNS said:
I checked.. all I saw was 660s like you said...

I don't think they will fit.. if they did.. they look a lot different too... :confused:
I wondered cause I never read anything about light upgrades......I hate to think what one at a dealer would cost, might be better to go with an aftermarket full set over OEM....You do a lot night riding ??

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Sorry bout the bad luck! Hope your ok and you get your ride up and runnin soon! Thought I saw where a guy was selling headlights in the classified forum for like $40 or something like that.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hehe I already posted in there... thanks though! :thumbsup:

Pfft- Rappy is still rideable.. the brake is ziptied to the bars.... and the throttle just chills there... just stuck to using the rear brake only. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
i rolled mine on its right side befoe handel bars were bent so i got retthal and my light broke soo u can order a whole new head light at albaactions it cost me around 50 for the whole housing and stuff the headlight bulb itself was 15 bucs :eek:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Try www.powerpartsplus.com. I have broke my throttle assm. and bent the cable, they hooked me up. Order parts online and they have the parts diagrams so you can see what you need.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Blownhotrodder said:
Try www.powerpartsplus.com. I have broke my throttle assm. and bent the cable, they hooked me up. Order parts online and they have the parts diagrams so you can see what you need.
Awesome, that's what I was looking for... Thanks :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
LNS said:
Hehe I already posted in there... thanks though! :thumbsup:

Pfft- Rappy is still rideable.. the brake is ziptied to the bars.... and the throttle just chills there... just stuck to using the rear brake only. :lol: :lol:
2 questions

1. did you take lessons from monstermatt ( he's a 1-loop-a-day kinda rider ) :grin_nod: :grin_nod: :lol:
2.check bike bandit for the rear housing with the mounting tabs, matt told me he found them for like 26.00 new oem from bike bandit :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.