Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning a trip to Rosarito, Mx for memorial day weekend and I would like to know if anyone has recently been there?
What's the area like? what about the people? is it safe to take a toy hauler? any suggestions, comments or advice? Thanks!

P.S.
I already know about the water(don't drink) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
201 Posts
it will be crowded. bunch of drunks that don't wear helmets, they don't watch where they are doing, ride 2 up. be careful. toy hauler should fit. don't know how much they will charge for entry though. half of the dunes are closed down due to a dispute between the two owners. i would say it is roughly 1/15 the size of Pismo Beach. It can be fun though, just be careful.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will I have to air down my tires on my truck (4x4) or will I be okay. also did you have any trouble with thieves, or the local authorties. How about crossing the border? thanks

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
1/15 the size of pismo??? I'd say it's a waste of time!! Pismo I think is small... This place sounds tiny. :eek: Are the dunes tall? Any pics?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
earl530 said:
will I have to air down my tires on my truck (4x4) or will I be okay. also did you have any trouble with thieves, or the local authorties. How about crossing the border? thanks
I have only been there once so don't know much about the place. My nephew camped there once and locked up everything but their shoes then went to bed. Woke up, no shoes. The border wait is going to be hell coming back across due to the amount of people coming back.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I keep hearing that there's only one dune in cantamar and a few rolling hills. so i'm getting somewhat discouraged about going. Is there anywhere to go in the san diego area where it's not going to be too hot?

also, i called my insurance company to verify coverage and unfortunately i won't be covered. however, i called around and i quoted a total of $48 for three days and it's full coverage too. anyways I still have time to decide what I really wanna do, even though Baba booey isn't helping with those pictures ;)

·
Registered
201 Posts
sorry man :). i forgot to mention broken bottles buried in the sand and hard to see barbed wire fences. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Man!!!! :eek: Sounds like a nice place :lol:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I've heard to be real careful about taking your own quad over the border, cause they might not let you bring it back. Why don't you head to Utah? It has nice weather and plenty of places to ride.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When you cross the border they ask for your registration and id (must match).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.