Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Rossier pipe I'm thinking of getting rid of. It has the 12 disk supertrapp end and looks simillare to other pipes. Any one famillare with this pipe and how it compares to the more popular name brands?

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I've only ever seen one. It appeared to run fairly well but how the bike ran isn't reliable data since the jetting could be way off or dead on. From what I saw that weekend and heard from the rider it was a good pipe. And I haven't heard anything online to the contrary to make me think his experience isn't consistent with most rossier owners.

·
Registered
211 Posts
gett'n rid off it? jeez just went riding with joe rossier in little sahara ok,last weekend great time john shoud've told you about it sooner scince we went right threw madison picking up my racing buddy from waunekee.pretty much convinced on getting rossier for the LTR hp on most rossier pipes iv'e seen are at the top of of most runs seen. not happy with pipe from wisconsin product or looking for something else?joe has built a good reputation on the race circuit with his pipes in the great lakes quad series have seen about 4 pipes being used .reliable,quality made and have heard no problems from there owners

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Drove right thru town and didn't even say boo, :chair: Actually thats OK, I just put a starter in it and it'll now start without an hour of messing with it, either that or it's now warm enough. Don't know which but it did need a starter.
I'm not disappointed with the Rossier, just looking at the Barkers duals, with Wi now having a 96dB I thought I'd look around. I know I can get the Rossier down to a reasonable level but that means taking out disks and corking it up. The Barkers with a quiet core should, and I'm guessing, flow as well and be quieter.

This is my theory, if the guy your chasing has to turn to look where you are as opposed to just listening for you, that becomes an advantage for the guy in back. Mike you race, do you ever listen for a quad riding on your right or left, as opposed to having to turn and look?

·
Registered
211 Posts
usually i'm out front ha! :grin_nod: ,well i tend to look or i just take the best lines usually works to keep them in back of me beat way to make up time is in the corners.been talking to my my race friend from waunekee ,works at max power((ice cubes) and they have dyno'd rossier with supertrap discs and actually gains some power so he also has been recomendind the rossier vrs. dasa and yoshi that iv'e been looking at.your exactly right john db's are becoming a concern to everybody if we quad brothers don't want to lose our right to ride because of afew f*****g hillbillys that don't care.at janssen's all winter have been dyno'ng the tom carson pipes(like a rebuilt super trap)and found that actually made more hp with discs and thats what the boys in the CWRIA.COM had to deal with 96dbs this winter,kinda why iv'e been holding out for a pipe with top hp but not obnoctiouslly loud.supposedly my stock pipe with silencer pulled out is supposed to make 102db's i seriouslly dont beleave its that loud iv'ehearsd loud pipes and its nowhere near that! :crazy: i know the fully packed yoshi is around 94-96dbs and when packing wears out around 98-99dbs.barkers are pretty loud pipes unless your trying to attract our DNR

·
Registered
211 Posts
P.S i'll give you a call for the next big trip john sorry ,we got to hook up some time

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mikes#04 said:
usually i'm out front ha! :grin_nod:
Well, maybe you used to be, but now you got that suzuki. Hows the dirt taste? :nana:
:p

The barkers with quiet cores are supposed to be around 96.

Weather's getting warmer, I really need to do some riding.

·
Registered
211 Posts
then you need to ride with me johnny! :slap:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts