Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was running ITP sandstars on black labels and stock front tires and wheels until today. Skat-trak bead to bead 22x11x8 haulers on blue labels and Skat-trak bead to bead Mohawks on blue labels = 5.2lbs savings on the back and 7.6lbs on the front. 12.8lb total savings overall. :thumbsup: Can't wait until my Mod Quad aluminum axle and hubs show up :grin_nod:

·
Registered
470 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
470 Posts
BenderRaptor said:
What is the difference between hauler 8 paddle and 10 paddle performance.
you need more power to turn the 10 paddle tire , if you run a tire with more paddlesthan your motorcan handle your motor will bog down or something, it doesnt let the motor rev or like that . I THINK :unsure:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey guys, paddle question for all of you. I ride a bone stock '07 700SE, but am planning on doing some work in the future. At minimum, over winter, I am putting duals on it, controller, intake and rejetting it. After next season (at latest) planning on doing engine work (top bottom end). Already has been geared lower with the front sprocket (yeah yeah yeah, I know, big deal)

I have a chance to buy some haulers right now that I know are overkill for the time being. They are a full set of skats front & backs. Fronts are baldies and he says that they are 21x7x9 (on the older Nankang skin, not sure about other info) and the rears are 10 paddle 21x9x10 (size he told me and not sure which skin). They are both already mounted on rims and look pretty nice other than a few dings to the paddles (only saw them so far from pictures). Got him down to $250 and he is local, so no shipping. Good deal or will I regret this due to performance next season with only the big three done? For the record, I am 190 lbs.

Worst case scenario, if it is a great deal and one of you guys can use the tires and it is overkill for me, I would be more than happy to hook someone up on the forum for nothing other than good rep (+what I paid, of course!) Wouldn't mind a trade for tires that would work on my quad either... just straight up shipping for shipping... if that's within reason. If I'm being a noob, sorry!

Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Thats alot of paddle man. Your going to want to get some more HP to make those worth it, same rear paddles I have.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thats alot of paddle man. Your going to want to get some more HP to make those worth it, same rear paddles I have.
I know... planning on future mods but I'm not made of money to just throw at these... good price or is it where these should be priced?

Wish I could get some more feedback... supposed to buy them tomorrow :eek:

If I decide to not get them, someone on here should jump on this deal. Pretty good deal, IMHO

·
Registered
87 Posts
Try $225 just for the fun of it:lol:
He started at $300 for them... got him down to $250. If it's not worth it, help a RF Member out! Like I said... stock 700 that will have big three and gearing changes only for next season. I'm 190 lbs. Following season I'll probably rip 'er apart

If I had a 90-100hp monster, I'm sure these would be sweet :)

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
You would want a taller tire with a larger rollout if you had 100hp. The guys with 100hp have a 72" plus roll out with 12 plus paddles. If you plan on ending up at like 70hp. These paddles would be great. I guess I cant say one way or another if they are worth $250. But it seems like a decent deal to me...

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
I'm thinking those may be rippers or taller haulers also, definitely not something you would want on a stock quad, or even a fairly modded one unless you are doing 300' drags and have the power to turn them and the swingarm to keep it planted.

Either way, I would shop around for something else...the fact that they are 10 paddle's on 10" rims make them not ideal for you. I would keep my eyes open for a set of 21-22" 8 paddle haulers, they will be more than enough for you at Silver Lake...even once you start tearing into it, 8 haulers will be plenty. I also prefer an 8" rim over a 10", better flotation, lighter, and more sidewall.

Just to give you an idea, I ran 22x11x8 8-paddle haulers on my old setup (barker duals, gytr intake, pcIII and a 20 shot of nitrous) and I couldn't keep my front end down with a +3 swingarm. I sold those tires to a guy who has a 70+hp 727 and he is having trouble keeping the nose planted on a +4 swingarm.

Those tires you are looking at will do nothing but stand you up off of the line with a hard launch, and slow you down on the top end.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I'm thinking those may be rippers or taller haulers also, definitely not something you would want on a stock quad, or even a fairly modded one unless you are doing 300' drags and have the power to turn them and the swingarm to keep it planted.

Either way, I would shop around for something else...the fact that they are 10 paddle's on 10" rims make them not ideal for you. I would keep my eyes open for a set of 21-22" 8 paddle haulers, they will be more than enough for you at Silver Lake...even once you start tearing into it, 8 haulers will be plenty. I also prefer an 8" rim over a 10", better flotation, lighter, and more sidewall.

Just to give you an idea, I ran 22x11x8 8-paddle haulers on my old setup (barker duals, gytr intake, pcIII and a 20 shot of nitrous) and I couldn't keep my front end down with a +3 swingarm. I sold those tires to a guy who has a 70+hp 727 and he is having trouble keeping the nose planted on a +4 swingarm.

Those tires you are looking at will do nothing but stand you up off of the line with a hard launch, and slow you down on the top end.

^What he said. I have a +3 swingarm on my 660 and I could not launch at all at Silver Lake because it was hooking up very well. With a longer swingarm I think they would have worked better. I don't know how much HP I'm pushing but I would say mid 60's or more and they worked very well.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
^What he said. I have a +3 swingarm on my 660 and I could not launch at all at Silver Lake because it was hooking up very well. With a longer swingarm I think they would have worked better. I don't know how much HP I'm pushing but I would say mid 60's or more and they worked very well.
Was:lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts