Raptor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did a search and couldnt find what i was looking for....this weekend went to dumont and it was terribly hotttttt.....but anyways i was running into a little problem shifting.....when shifting from first to second a few times it would slip into neutral and mess me up dragging up a dune...it seemed to shift a little rough also...i rode a buddies raptor out there and it seemed much smoother....he said he runs a semi synthetic could that be an issue.....other than that and hitting a huge rock desert riding the bike ran great....oh also it was a little slow to start a couple of times...could my valves maybe be the cause of that? it probably got 15-20 hours on it and one oil change.....no airbox lid a phoenix insert and pciii

·
Registered
243 Posts
i noticed after putting my pcIII on that it takes a bit longer to start now, especially the first time, after that it fires right up... i dont know about your shifting though, i would check the clutch cable? see if its too loose down by the rear break and make sure you have the right amount of play in the clutch lever. and about the valves, you should probably check/adjust them now, i noticed after i adjusted mine my 700 would idle alot smoother

1 - 2 of 2 Posts