Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just wanted to no if anyone has video's o pictures of people literally running, water and no i dont mean driving thru the damn shit i mean like hydroplanning, ive seen some pics but not many, i really wanna try it with my 660 but dont no how fast or how well the quad handles any feedback would be awsome!

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Thats a great video!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Awsome video :thumbsup:

·
Registered
91 Posts
How do they get the bike back out after it sinks down in the lake?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats why they have the sea doo's, hook a graplin hook up to a rope on the bumper and drag her out with either the quad truck or sea doo, we've sunk lots of sleds me and my buddies trying to run like 300' with an old yamaha excel III, but we always used man power , 4 guys and a rope yankin the shit out of the thing, lol sucks when ur the one swimming back in the water to hook it up when the ice is still flowating around u

·
Registered
91 Posts
HAHAHAHA. Sounds like a good time though.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Believe it or not the quads won't sink. The air in the 4 tires is enough to keep it slightly bouyant. It will sink about half way, or three quarters (not sure about the bigger utility quads). It will be easliy towable with a ski-doo, or possibly dragged out if it was shallow enough... Thats still awesome..wouldn't do it with mine.. :lol:

·
Registered
91 Posts
huh, didn't know that. I figured after everything filled up with water it would eventually go under. I don't think I wanna try it either.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
yeah the the air in the tires keeps them afloat. some of my friends have utilitys with the big mud tires and they will float across water without even touching the bottom. if you have enough air then its possible to even float a truck, this is a picture of a truck down here in Florida that we see at some of the mud boggin events. he has duallys front and rear and floats across the lake. my friend has a dvd of the guys in the back grabbing onto the tires and rotating with them all the way around. the lake is said to be over 20ft deep

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
yeah, and that guy talking is Matt Steal, you may have seen him on SPEED channel or Spike TV, he was doing the announcing at an event and yelled at me over the loud speaker for doing donuts in the parking lot. so basically i personally know a famous tv star :lol:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
I ride across water all the time. I only do like 4-12 feet though on a river we ride here, and then it's only about a foot deep. I probably hit it about 40-50 (no speedo), sit way back. The only thing bad about it is the backend gets real loose and will try to come around on you. If you don't hydroplane you either have to slow way down or just get soaked and plow through it. Im not sure i'd try a lake or anything though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.