Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took a look at my plug and it was a little black,not pitch black.So should i drop my mains one size?It is only 60* here today so should i leave it alone because our normal highs in the summer are 70-90* from May-September.As the temp outside rises it will richen my wheeler out right?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
i took a look at my plug and it was a little black,not pitch black.So should i drop my mains one size?It is only 60* here today so should i leave it alone because our normal highs in the summer are 70-90* from May-September.As the temp outside rises it will richen my wheeler out right?
Negative, the reverse is true.............:)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so what should i do?

·
Master of the Electron
15,524 Posts
How does it ride? If great, nothing.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i did what you said willy!Also i removed the "snorkel" and now my idle is rough?should i put the snorkel back on?my pilots are 25's.Quad its hard to say but kind of like a bog in third gear or so....granted i dont really run my RPMs above 6,000 when i switch gears.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
ok i did what you said willy!Also i removed the "snorkel" and now my idle is rough?should i put the snorkel back on?my pilots are 25's.Quad its hard to say but kind of like a bog in third gear or so....granted i dont really run my RPMs above 6,000 when i switch gears.
With the snorkle removed you will gain power as long as it is jetted correctly, #25 pilots, aftermarket needles half way up and around 160 mikuni mains................

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here is my set-up...DJ jet-kit....144,146mains,clip third from the bottom,#25's,fuel screws im not sure...one is stripped...it was idling fine until i did what willy told me to do.Elevation is 1,200ft.I reinstalled the snorkel but it is gutted how dyno jet said to

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
here is my set-up...DJ jet-kit....144,146mains,clip third from the bottom,#25's,fuel screws im not sure...one is stripped...it was idling fine until i did what willy told me to do.Elevation is 1,200ft.I reinstalled the snorkel but it is gutted how dyno jet said to
You did more then I told you to do, (you removed the snorkel), reinstall it and you should be fine or else leave the snorkel off and raise the needles and increase the main size..........:)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Willy with the snorkel on my RPM's are from 1,400-1,550 at idle with a slight pop sound once and awhile.Is it my fuel screws?where should i set them at...granted one is stripped.

·
Master of the Electron
15,524 Posts
If it's carb (jetting or fuel screw) related, it's THROTTLE position related, not RPMs or what gear you are in... so ride a little, pay close attention to the circumstances under which issues appear, get them to repeat over and over so you are sure of the cause, and report back.

Fix your carbs (ESPECIALLY the stripped fuel screw) before bothering with anything else - if the carbs aren't 100% you'll never get to the right set up and you're just wasting your (and our) time trying, PERIOD.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If it's carb (jetting or fuel screw) related, it's THROTTLE position related, not RPMs or what gear you are in... so ride a little, pay close attention to the circumstances under which issues appear, get them to repeat over and over so you are sure of the cause, and report back.

Fix your carbs (ESPECIALLY the stripped fuel screw) before bothering with anything else - if the carbs aren't 100% you'll never get to the right set up and you're just wasting your (and our) time trying, PERIOD.
im just stating my RPMS at idle trying to help you guys out....It runs fine once off idle...Its going to be crappy all week now(rain and snow) so it will be a good week before i can test it again at normal riding conditions.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Willy with the snorkel on my RPM's are from 1,400-1,550 at idle with a slight pop sound once and awhile.Is it my fuel screws?where should i set them at...granted one is stripped.
Idle RPM should be 16 to 1800 RPM.............:)

·
Master of the Electron
15,524 Posts
I am referring to this statement - "but kind of like a bog in third gear or so"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts