Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been learning a lot from you guys on here and this is the first time I haven't found a problem I'm having posted on here already. Alright just had the carbs cleaned and now when its cold its running like a champ but after about 10-15 mins of riding it starts spitting and sputtering and backfiring like its running out of gas but the tanks full, and ideas suggestions ANYTHING will be greatly appreciated. O and its an 01 completely stop with the exception of DG performance header and muffler.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I would say it is rich. As the motor warms up the air thins out. This pushes it even more rich and causes the running issues.

·
Master of the Electron
15,679 Posts
Next time it starts sputtering, remove the gas cap - does it clear up? If so, you have a plugged gas cap vent or vent tube.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you talking about the the intake boots coming off the front of the carbs??? If so that would make since cause I had the hardest time getting them back on and tightened the S*** out of it so it wouldn't pop off. I'll have the mechanic try and redo it. Thanks guys I'm completely lost on the duel carbs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.