Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i wanted to remove the stock baffle but id be running lean am i right? what will happen if i run a little lean if i just remove the stock baffle and leave the airbox assembled with lid

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump, Please reply

·
Registered
164 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but running lean can cause overheating problems which can obviuosly cause bigger engine problems. Running without the exhaust baffle will not lean it out as much as removing the airbox/lid, but it will run lean none-the-less. I know my 660 ran slightly lean completely stock (at night the headers would glow slightly). For the$25-30 to purchase 2 pilot jets and 3 or 4 main jets, I'd rejet and know I'm not going to ruin anything else.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ran without the baffle for a while and had no problems at all.

Now I have Barkers!
but you havent looked at the piston or anything else in the engine so you can say you did not have problems but you dont know if you stayed like that you where going to have a problem you know what i mean?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Correct me if I'm wrong, but running lean can cause overheating problems which can obviuosly cause bigger engine problems. Running without the exhaust baffle will not lean it out as much as removing the airbox/lid, but it will run lean none-the-less. I know my 660 ran slightly lean completely stock (at night the headers would glow slightly). For the$25-30 to purchase 2 pilot jets and 3 or 4 main jets, I'd rejet and know I'm not going to ruin anything else.
jets are 25-30 a PCV is 290 $ :p :L

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jets are 25-30 a PCV is 290 $ :p :L

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
ok so i wanted to remove the stock baffle but id be running lean am i right? what will happen if i run a little lean if i just remove the stock baffle and leave the airbox assembled with lid
Why do you want take the s/a out for sound? Your not gonna get any performance out of it so im just curious what's the thinking behind this?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cause when im racing/cruising in the desert all my buddies have a fmf 4.1 while i have this ugly sound so i cant hear my bike

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha I wish... Did you get them from tqs?

·
Registered
415 Posts
i'll sell ya a fmf s/o that needs a new end cap for $50. atleast that will sound better than taking the baffle out. end cap is $39.99 from fmf. hell just make me an offer, i just want rid of it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i'll sell ya a fmf s/o that needs a new end cap for $50. atleast that will sound better than taking the baffle out. end cap is $39.99 from fmf. hell just make me an offer, i just want rid of it.
will you ship it via usps to Bahrain? can u send me pics on my email ill send you a pm for my email... but if i install a slip on is it the same as removing the quiet core i just want to know the effects of running a little lean

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Jets are cheaper because their a pain in the ass, the PCV is more and it's much easier. It takes me less than 5 minutes to change my map when I go from the quiet core in my HMF to the open muffler. For my wolverine it was much harder to do the jets with the carb then it was to run wires for the PC3 on my Rappy. With any exhaust system slip on or full you will need the PC3 or 5 to adjust so it will not be lean.

·
Registered
415 Posts
ideally you will want a controller. but for a short amount of time it will be ok. this slip on came with my rap and had no controller. he put it on the day he bought it new, and there was no damage. i just rebuilt mine and the inside looked ok. piston good, exhaust valves were a little light colored, but that was because i didn't have my controller set right after installing my intake. but keep your eye open for a used dobeck, or save up some cash.

pm sent.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts